Pip report on way — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip report on way

cici2016
cici2016 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
So posting on my husbands behalf, assessment was Tuesday, his report is with Dwp by Thursday so phoned Friday to ask if she could send a copy of report which she has. Hoping it comes quickly but she said it can take 7-10 days to arrive. 
It’s been such a long process I was shocked. We phoned in August, had five face to faces cancelled, 1 just didn’t show up. Finally had the assessment now I think it was okay? She wasn’t nasty or disrespectful at least. After reading some of the horror stories on here I was worried it would be worse than it needs to be. 
Is the report fairly easy to understand? 
my Husband can’t read complicated or anything other than basic text so I’m going to explain it to him when we get it I just hope there’s no lies in it because reading some of the threads it seems this is quite a common thing that happens. 
Is there any positive experiences where the report reflected 100% truthful account of the assessment? I’ve reD some where some say 90% was true it just worried me that someone can manipulate answers to make you score less? 
For example A was asked to spell world. He couldn’t do it mentally but wrote it down took a minute for him to try get it right which he did. She then asked him to close his eyes and spell it backwards which he couldn’t do. Just worried coz I’ve read examples that because they managed eventually to get a word right then they said they could read fine. 
Any good experiences or are they all pretty much like that? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

When the report is received take a look at the dots next to the PIP activities/descriptors and use the PIP self test online here https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-test and transfer the dots into the self test and it will tell you what score, if any is recommended. Points in the report will not be added because it's just a recommendation, although it's rare for them to go against the report.

I've had 2 PIP assessments for myself and 2 for my daughter (i'm her appointee) 3 face to face and 1 paper based. Both my reports were 100 truthful. There were a couple of things in the daughters first report that weren't exactly correct because it didn't actually happen but she had already been recommended Enhanced for both parts so no need to do anything further with that.

Remember, you will obviously mostly read the negative stories on any internet forum.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    @cici2016 - I agree.... A lot of the stories on here are negative - mine included - but that's human nature. People don't post stories that the DWP and Capita/ Atos are brilliant anymore than they do saying that their train ran on time. Most people have absolutely no problem and get whatever award they deserve.

Spelling "world' backwards is a fairly basic test of cognitive function. GPs do it, and also taking 7 from 100, then take 7 from the total etc.

If your husband can't do it then it will indicate to the assessor that he may have some difficulty in planning routes etc, and making decisions.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @cici2016 Hello and welcome to the community, hopefully you wont have to wait too long for the report and you can get some idea of the points awarded. 
    I have had 1 PIP assessment and 1 review. I had no issues with either and was awarded what I felt was fair. 
    The last one was just paper based and was given a higher award as I had additional conditions.

I wasn't asked to do any spelling or maths probably as my conditi9ons are all physical and I said on my forms that I coujld complete these activities.

Good luck and keep us informed when you get the report
  • cici2016
    cici2016 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Thank you for replies. Yes I suppose it will mainly be people asking for help that post. I will update once the report comes through.
  • soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    Cool. It will tell you the points and they always just go off the points as the Decision Makers are not qualified. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Cool. It will tell you the points and they always just go off the points as the Decision Makers are not qualified. 

Points are not added in any report. It's recommendation, although yes usually they go with the report. It has been known for them to go against it but it's rare.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sooze77
    sooze77 Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    My report came through and was 100% truthful and fair. Assessor was very nice and understanding. They are not all ogres as some would have us believe. Many people are awarded first time without issues, we just generally only hear from people where there have been problems. I hope it works out for you.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.