If I get turned down for PIP, could this affect my ESA claim? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If I get turned down for PIP, could this affect my ESA claim?

13»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Benson said:
    Benson said:
    My ESA was not paid into account on Thursday and my letter refusing PIP came on friday. 

I'm in alot of stress and depression right now as im left with no money until i can find out on monday. 

It doesn't make sense they would stop my ESA for mental health when my PIP claim was for a shoulder injury.

May i ask if you were transferring from DLA or whether this PIP claim was review of an existing PIP claim?

Is there also any reason why you didn't put down all of your conditions for your PIP claim? PIP is awarded based on how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.
    I have been on ESA for a while, also i have an ongoing shoulder injury which prevents me from doing alot of things so i thought PIP could help with that.

I didnt think i needed to discuss my mental heath at PIP as i was getting ESA for that. I did say at the assessment this is just for my shoulder issue.

PIP is awarded based on how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. When filling out the form, you should put down all of your conditions and how they affect you and not just some of them.

You didn't answer my question, whether you were claiming DLA before you applied for PIP? I'm just trying to think of a reason why your ESA hasn't been paid and if you were previously claiming DLA before you applied for PIP. If you weren't  then the only other reason why it would stop was if you failed to attend a work capability assessment recently. It can't stop because you've been refused PIP because they are different benefits.

It's really difficult to advise because we can only guess why your ESA hasn't been paid and all you can do is wait until Monday morning and ring them when they open at 8. When you've done this please come back and let us know the reason why you didn't receive payment when you should have.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Benson
    Benson Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Benson said:
    Benson said:
    My ESA was not paid into account on Thursday and my letter refusing PIP came on friday. 

I'm in alot of stress and depression right now as im left with no money until i can find out on monday. 

It doesn't make sense they would stop my ESA for mental health when my PIP claim was for a shoulder injury.

May i ask if you were transferring from DLA or whether this PIP claim was review of an existing PIP claim?

Is there also any reason why you didn't put down all of your conditions for your PIP claim? PIP is awarded based on how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.
    I have been on ESA for a while, also i have an ongoing shoulder injury which prevents me from doing alot of things so i thought PIP could help with that.

I didnt think i needed to discuss my mental heath at PIP as i was getting ESA for that. I did say at the assessment this is just for my shoulder issue.

PIP is awarded based on how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. When filling out the form, you should put down all of your conditions and how they affect you and not just some of them.

You didn't answer my question, whether you were claiming DLA before you applied for PIP? I'm just trying to think of a reason why your ESA hasn't been paid and if you were previously claiming DLA before you applied for PIP. If you weren't  then the only other reason why it would stop was if you failed to attend a work capability assessment recently. It can't stop because you've been refused PIP because they are different benefits.

It's really difficult to advise because we can only guess why your ESA hasn't been paid and all you can do is wait until Monday morning and ring them when they open at 8. When you've done this please come back and let us know the reason why you didn't receive payment when you should have.

Sorry i said ive been claiming ESA only.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.