Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
If I get turned down for PIP, could this affect my ESA claim?
Hi . I have ESA with enhanced disability premium, which I won on appeal in a tribunal in 2016.
Last year I was sent another ESA assessment form, which I filled in with a supporting letter from my doctor . I sent it back and explained that I was also waiting for other supporting letters from specialists . My claim was continued as it is , before I sent in my supporting letters from the specialists , as ESA with enhanced disability premium, but I was only given six months.
My question is this : Now I want to claim PIP . But I have heard that PIP is hard to get awarded.
If I get turned down for PIP , could the DWP reduce my amount of ESA, or , even stop my ESA?
As I’ve heard that the DWP is using the PIP claims to assess poeples ESA claims .
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 762 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 752 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.