Supporting Children with Additional Needs through Bereavement — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Supporting Children with Additional Needs through Bereavement

Options
tooneyj57
tooneyj57 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2020 in Education
I'm new to this but hope I can get advice

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

please may I ask what advice you would like? I’m sure someone will help you further. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @tooneyj57 how can we help? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tooneyj57 - Welcome to this very friendly & supportive community from me too. Please do say what we might help you with, as there's usually someone here that can help, or offer advice. :)
  • tooneyj57
    tooneyj57 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I did a course today on supporting bereaved children and there was information from scope about supporting people with special needs through loss and I was told I could download it
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tooneyj57 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I've had a wee look around the site and I'm sorry, but I'm unable to find any Scope information about supporting bereaved children.  However, I will tag in @Adrian_Scope, to see if he can help you with this, as he is a member of the Scope team and may know.  Meantime, I hope you enjoy your course and all the best with it.  If there is anything else we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  :smile:

Hi @Adrian_Scope, can you help this member access some Scope information on supporting bereaved children?  Thanks, @Ails:smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @tooneyj57 and welcome to the community.
    We don't have any advice on that subject ourselves, but Scope Australia (unaffiliated) have a fantastic resource on the subject which is probably what you were looking for - Supporting people with disabilities coping with grief and loss (Scope Australia)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness