Distal Sensory Axonal Peripheral Neuropathy — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Distal Sensory Axonal Peripheral Neuropathy

Options
Alun76
Alun76 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have Distal Sensory Axonal Peripheal Neuropathy combined with Fibromyalgia. I am new to this forum and I have been struggling with constant pain and mobility difficulties and chronic fatigue. I had my first episode about a month ago which was far worse than the difficulties that I have every day. I couldnt do anything at all and it took me about a week to get back to "Normal" a lowered level of pain and mobility issues. Every day I have no days off of pain fatigue and weakness in my limbs but I am trying not to let it effect my daily routine. I have a wife and three year old daughter. I feel as though I am failing to be a husband and a father when its bad. I do mindfulness meditation which helps a little and #lost my train of thought so I will leave it there. Just to say hi God bless you.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Alun76 Welcome to the community its nice to see new people here. 

Thank you for sharing your story with us, what you are feeling is normal when faced with such illness or disability. When I became disabled overnight my main concern was the effect it would have on my son's life, and that I would fail him as a mum that could no longer take him places, and that he would to a certain extent have to care for me.

Have a good look round the site there are lots of other members who suffer with similar conditions.

Is there anything we can help you with today, if not feel free to post and join in any discussions 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Alun76 - Welcome to the community, & thank you for joining with a great introductory post. If you have any questions, please do say, as there's usually someone here who can help or offer advice.
    You can look around the forum perhaps using the 'All groups.' or 'Recent discussions' links a little higher up this page on the right. I hope you enjoy being a part of the community. :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Alun76 and welcome to the Community also.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  We are here to support you on the Community and can appreciate how difficult things will be for you at times as we all feel like that occasionally and support each other through it.  Please don't be too hard on yourself as you are doing your best and you will get there.  Just take one day at a time, but I know that is easier said than done sometimes.  We are all here for you anyway, any time you wish to talk.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and find the forum to be useful.  If there is anything you need at all then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness