My PIP was stopped after transferring from DLA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My PIP was stopped after transferring from DLA

chantelle0724
chantelle0724 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I'm just wondering if anyone can help me I have had my DLA stopped last year as I was told I dont fit the criteria and I was told I'm not disabled all because I have had a child apparently my disability has magically disappeared.wheni had my assessment the person who assesed discriminated me and I have sent a letter in to tribunal now along with a copy of my medical records and letter from doctors to.i would like to know what else I need to send in to them I suffer from server severe anxiety and depression I had a stroke from being in side my mom to being delivered this has caused me to have right hemiparisis learning difficulties and cerebral infarcts I struggle with everything but have adapted to do things the way is easy for my self hope some one can help me many thanks 

Comments

• ShaunH
    ShaunH Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Hi chantelle,

i am also new to this but looking at the evidence you have already listed as sent in i dont think there is any more you could possible send in unless you see other medical professional and get written statements from them, that's the only other things inhave sent in is e.g stoma care nurses and physio stating about the nerve damage to my legs which supports the evidence. 

If you dont see anyone else who can give you more support I think younhave a strong case with what you have already sent in.

Sorry can't give you any more help but im sure someone here can. 

Best of luck to you 
  • chantelle0724
    Ok thank you Shaunh I hope so to I dont see any physio or anyone as when I was 14 they said they couldn't do anymore for me I so have some documents from when I was a child when I got assessed from schools ect I'm unsure whether they will be any good to send in to help my case 
  • ShaunH
    ShaunH Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    I cant say for sure but you have nothing to lose, make copies and send them in if they used it doesn't really matter, if they are and it helps great.
  • chantelle0724
    Thank you and I hope it helps my case ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @chantelle0724 it sounds like you have sent in as much as you need to, 

Im not sure reports from your childhood would be required as they are out of date and could be regarded as not relevant. 

You could get a statement from someone who lives with you detailing what you are like on a daily basis. in relation to the descriptors, or another suggestion is to do a daily record ;ole a diary. 

You need need to concentrate on the descriptors you think you should have scored points for and why and what happens last time you tried to do the task.

PIP is different to DLA and has different criteria, appearing in person at the tribunal will also increase your chances of success. However the waiting times for tribunal are huge with some waiting in excess of 12 months

Good luck and keep us updated

• chantelle0724
    Ok thank you I will keep you up dated janer1967 ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

DLA no longer exists so i assume you mean PIP and you were transferring from DLA, is that correct?

I agree that reports from child hood may not help now but it will depend how old those reports are and whether they are still relevant. If you have other relevant evidence to send with the reports then it's possible the Tribunal will accept them.

What will help the most is writing your submission and stating where you think you should have scored those points and why. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chantelle0724
    Poppy123456 yes that is correct and a submission what's that also that will be out of date they was from when I was a child so they will be no good and thank you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    You’re welcome. The submission is what you need to write for the Tribunal because you need to state where and why you think you should have scored those points. 

Whether the medical reports will help will depend what evidence is in them. Medical reports very rarely state how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chantelle0724
    Ok thank you I appreciate your help poppy123456 ?
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @chantelle0724 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I don't have anything to add as you have been given great advice and information above so I hope you have found that helpful.  I just wanted to welcome you.  Good luck with your tribunal and please let us know how you get on.  If there is anything else we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ShaunH and welcome also to the Community.  It is nice to meet you too and I hope you enjoy your time with us.  Please let us know if we can be of any help/support to you.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.