Work health programme - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work health programme

Options
2»

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Parkrun100 and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It is nice to meet you.  I don't have anything to add as I see you have been given lots of advice and information above from members which is great and I hope you have found this to be helpful.  Glad you have found talking to us on the Community to be useful so far anyway.  We are a friendly bunch of people on here and very supportive of each other.  It is good to talk about things.  I wish you well in your search for a new job.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you get on.  If there is anything else you need help/support with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Parkrun100
    Parkrun100 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Options
    it is useful and I feel a bit better about myself but still feel embarrassed  and ashamed as I have been out of work for so long, and I feel uncomfortable when people ask what do you do, I am doing voluntary work though, I feel as though I am being judged by employers and by people in general, It might just be me being paranoid, I know I judge myself.
  • Parkrun100
    Options
    last but not least for today I have low confidence and self esteem, and I cant apply for jobs where I have to use the phone as I am too anxious doing this cant access the online support service can someone send me a link
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    May i ask what you mean by online support service?

Have you also considered sending in fit notes to start the limited capability for work process off? If you haven't then i'd advise you to consider doing this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Parkrun100
    Options
    I don't want our U.c. claim affected or reduced we have enough on our plate as it is, I don't want to do anything that will rock the boat I will speak to my work coach and show him the letter my mum wrote about my health issues. thanks for the groups support it has really helped.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,046 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2020
    Options
    By sending in a fit note to start off the limited capability for work process will not reduce the amount of UC that you're entitled to and it won't have any bad affect on your UC joint claim as i previously advised. In fact quite the opposite because if you are eventually given LCWRA then you will be entitled to more money each month from the 4th month after you send your first fit note.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Parkrun100
    Options
    can someone tell me more about the support program that you run, how does it work. is it about pushing people into jobs they don't want, I don't think it would be but had to ask. how often would I have contact with someone, is it mainly online or by phone, I get very nervous on phone, but would give it a go. I dont have a computer but can use one at library or jobcentre.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Parkrun100 - Scope's 'Support to work' programme is about helping disabled people. Here's a link with more information: https://www.scope.org.uk/employment-services/support-to-work/

There's also some information here about looking for work: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/work-careers/looking-for-work/
    Hope this helps.

Brightness