Text Message — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Text Message

ponies
ponies Community member Posts: 119 Courageous
My friend went for esa medical 2weeks ago, She was informed by the Health Professional that She would receive a text message with the outcome of her assessment.
He then said, no you’re gonna get a letter 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

DWP never send decisions through a text message. If your friend is claiming ESA then they will be sent a decision letter.

If they are claiming Universal Credit then the decision letter will be uploaded onto their journal.

As they've now had the assessment they can ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to them. This will give them some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

There's no timescales for decisions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ponies
    ok Poppy. I went with my friend to the assessment. The Health Professional did say that She would get a text message about decision.
    we just wondered why he mentioned it.
    only another person at the A.C. said if you get a text message from DWP it means you’re gonna be placed in the working group.
    no She only claims Esa, no U.C.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    I can confirm that DWP definitely do not send decisions through a text message. I've been claiming ESA since 2012/13. Once a decision's been made they will send a letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ponies
  • ponies
    My friend has been claustrophobic since a child, an has always been anxious. She put this on her Esa50
    but at her assessment when it was mentioned by the Health Professional, he said we wont go into that, being Claustrophobic. My friend wanted to explain about it to him
    as that is a big part of the reason She’s anxious. She became more anxious, and it triggered her anxiety to the point where She was gasping for breath, & Shaking.
    I asked to give her a few minutes before carrying on. He replied only a few more questions. I thought it was very unprofessional considering he was a qualified Nurse
  • ponies
    I know they have to do their job, that was below the belt. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.