UC Work allowance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC Work allowance

Options
Redeemed
Redeemed Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
Okay so I got found unfit for work and awarded the lcwra element. I found on the internet something called a work allowance. just what does this mean, is it the same as the old permitted earnings on ESA?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Im not sure of the amounts involved as it depends on if you get housing benefit, but yes work allowance is the amount you can earn before your benefits are affected. But also remember any work you do must not contradict with the reason you have been awarded the LCWRA.

@poppy123456 will be able to advise you on specifics

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Redeemed.
    As @janer1967 mentioned, it's an amount you can earn before your UC is affected by earnings.
    If you claim help with rent, this amount is £287. If you don't, it's £503. 
    These amounts are set to increase in April 2020 to: £292 and £512.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Redeemed
    Redeemed Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Options
    Interesting, I was found unfit for work on mental health grounds so if I were to do something that would either help or have no effect then that would be gravy.
    Thanks for clearing this up.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.