Help Needed With The New Pip Review Form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help Needed With The New Pip Review Form

crantockgirl3407
crantockgirl3407 Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
Hello everyone,

I hope you all are in very good health and general well-being. I would like some tips, and or ideas , and suggestions on appropriate wording and or sample sentences to use when filling in the new revised PIP review form which is different from the former one that was more straightforward than this current one as there were 3 tick boxes in the former which were as follows: "Easier, Harder, and No Change."

I was awarded PIP in 2017 for 3 years and I received the enhanced rates for both the daily living & mobility components. A review form was posted to me recently and I received it 3 days ago and discovered that the tick boxes were removed completely, and the small boxes in this form are barely adequate to describe problems and or issues with the different PIP descriptors.

To start a sentence which would explain or describe succinctly that nothing has change since I received my award in 2017 in the descriptors I scored points in, is the difficult task which I am facing. I am very worried, and my stress levels and anxiety have gone through the roof. I have been in a very bad way for two days now, and as it is, I suffer from very severe anxiety, PTSD, and Bipolar affective disorder.

@poppy123456 and @thespiceman or any other members of this very nice and compassionate scope online community, if you have any suggestions and or tips regarding short sample sentences to use or how to start explaining  " A No Change" situation, I would be so grateful to hear your kind tips and or suggestions.

Unfortunately in the area I live, there are no advice agencies that can help with welfare benefits matters and my local cab is struggling a lot with funding and do not offer form filling services and assistance.

Thank you very much in advance to all you amazing members of this scope online community and have a wonderful day!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no specific wording that you should use, just tell it how it is but with as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. If you don't have enough of space then use extra sheets of paper. Make sure you put your name and NI number on each sheet you use. This link may help you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2020
    Hello @crantockgirl3407   Thank you for your post.

Understand how difficult this may be.

Please can I suggest the following mental health charities.

Who if you apply will help you with your issues and problems.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

https://www.rethink.org

They have staff who can advise and support your in completing your forms  and anything else benefits including attendance at assessments.

Can offer floating support and welfare health.

Might not be in all areas. You can self refer or speak to the GP you are currently with.

Would also consult them as well often might have a range of services or support to help you.

I always go and consult before any form filled in and after.

Please hope that helps.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • crantockgirl3407
    crantockgirl3407 Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
    Hello again to @thespiceman and@poppy123456, thank you very much for your prompt response to my post. I appreciate your sound and invaluable advice.

Thank you very much for the fantastic and amazing job that you do here, and also for being there for all members of this online community. God bless you both!
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @cranktocgirl3407, Hello and welcome, as poppy123456 as already stated use extra paper to give as much information as possible and evidence that supports your conditions in relation to the PIP descriptiors. Being vague with yes or no answers or about the same leaves the decision maker a big opportunity to down grade your claim with not enough supporting evidence from yourself. 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @crantockgirl3407 -  as others have said just use your own words...

Maybe have a look at the PIP activities/ descriptors - they're available on line - and then frame your answers around them. That way you will be concentrating on the key things that DWP consider (and not wasting time on things that they don't!)

Say whether you can't do something, or need help/ to use an aid...

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.