Fit for some sort of work????? - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fit for some sort of work?????

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope this is successful for you @fatherinpain!
    Scope

• fatherinpain
    fatherinpain Community member Posts: 177 Courageous
    So today was the big day, unfortunately they didn’t do pip because they didn’t have a third member of panel. So we turned up and handed in a few new pieces of evidence. 15 min later we(partner) were called in and question after question surrounding what causes the pain and how long it lasts. Questions about how far I can walk with resting to which they whipped out a map with a scale of length to determine the exact distance of how far. Questions then stopped and told to wait in waiting room until being asked back. Was awarded lcwra after scoring 21points from just 3descriptors. With a statement of “because the threshold of schedule 6&7 had been reached the tribunal did not consider other activities” and was told that “we can not see reason or reasons for it to have to come to before us” 
    Success after 19months now just for the pip
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's brilliant news @fatherinpain! I'm sorry it took so long but what a great result. 

I'd have been really interested in how they handled the joint tribunal and it's a shame you still have to wait for your PIP one but it must be a huge relief to finally be awarded what you're entitled to for UC.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • fatherinpain
    Yes huge relief @Adrian_Scope but also disappointed with pip one being delayed. I vaguely remember reading  a similar thread about there being an error in the way I was awarded lcwra by way of it being through points is this correct
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news. Not sure what you mean about the error in points being awarded. Could you explain more please?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fatherinpain
    I thought I read on here you don’t get lcwra through the points scoring 
  • fatherinpain
    Also @poppy123456 what’s is the process now as I couldn’t take in everything the panel was explaining 
  • anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    edited March 2020
    As far as i know @fatherinpain, being placed in LCWRA is not to do with points scoring at all.

You just need to meet one of the condtitions listed in their criteria for the group. I have them all somewhere in my tablet here but not at hand to post a link. Maybe someone else will do that.

My son was put into the group as he cannot sequence 2 personal actions. That automatically qualified him for LCWRA

Have a look at benefits and work site. They are all listed there. Ive a feeling this forum doesnt allow links to other sites.
  • poppy123456
    It's because each LCWRA descriptor is 15 points anyway but you only need one of them to apply the majority of the time.

@fatherinpain the process now is it can take between 2-8 weeks to receive backdated money owed and for your award to be put into payment. You need to continue to send in the fit notes until you're award is in payment or until you hear from DWP.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • fatherinpain
    Hi @poppy123456 after mr they said I didn’t need to send fit notes in anymore, but I do have them
  • poppy123456
    Ah, are you claiming UC and not ESA? if so then yes, that's why you didn't need to the fit notes.
  • fatherinpain
    Uc my old friend
  • fatherinpain
    Hello again @poppy123456 through all the confusion me and my significant other cannot workout when payment will be back dated to,I will give  a rough idea I’ve been signed off since 2june2018  Jc took copy of dr’s note on 20june2018 and booked us an appointment for 1july2018 to enrol on uc (first date of rollout/going live in ourarea) only started uc1july2018. It really is stumping us as we can’t seem to come to same conclusion. Also I read link you posted to some body else which reads confusingly as in either 3months after date of first dr’s note or if you waited over 3months for assessment it will be backdated till the assessment. The last point I can’t seem to get my mind to read it any other way. Hope you can unravel the mystery 
  • poppy123456
    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and then LCWRA is paid on the 4th month of your claim. As you send the fit note the same time you started your claim, you will be owed backdated money from October 2018. Approximately 16 months backdated money. Hope this helps.
  • fatherinpain
    Many thanks @poppy123456, one down one to go.
  • fatherinpain
    Hi @poppy123456 is there away to private message it’s about how much back pay I was meant to recieve
  • fatherinpain
  • poppy123456
    @fatherinpain i will PM you now and you can reply to me. I will answer your PM as soon as i can.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @fatherinpain. Was Poppy able to help you with this? I hope it's all sorted. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • fatherinpain
    @Adrian_Scope between me and poppy we almost got to the bottom of it but a phone call to uc just  added to the confusion so it’s now being left as it is FOR NOW!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.