Esa Medical Review - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa Medical Review

Comments

• Tina66
    Tina66 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
    Hi, my brother was not awarded pip by tribunal, it was just a normal assessment, I am very confused now. Will he get into trouble also for snatching the phone off me because he doesn't believe me that it is OK? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Then he'll be sent the review forms 6 months before his award ends. No he won't get into trouble for that, i'm not sure why you think he would. Hope this helps and please try to relax.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tina66
    Hi Poppy, because he makes me anxious when he gets anxious and because he was a bit rude and basically panicking on phone and then worrying I can't help but think irrationally too. I am angry though that the woman, albeit very nice, asked her case manager who definitely said 12 months because as case managers they should know that it is 6 months and that's really very incompetent ?
  • poppy123456
    Never trust DWP to give any correct advice. You don't know for sure that it was the case manager she asked, it could have been someone completely different.

As i advised, it was never officially announced but my advice is 100% correct and my PIP award is proof of that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tina66
    @poppy123456 hi Poppy, hope you're OK? Wanted to ask, please, relative died few months back, my brother and I are beneficiaries of will which should be completed we hope by April. If my brother goes over 16k I know he just rings up UC and tells them. We don't know situation yet but If over 16k and all benefits stop, would we need to send proof to UC because it is over 16k as not sure. Sorry if it is confusing, just want to do everything right when time comes. 
  • poppy123456
    I’m sorry to hear that. If it’s over £6,000 then he will need to report that changes to DWP and his benefits will be reduced by £4.35 per month for every £250 over that amount. If it’s more than £16,000 then he won’t be entitled to any means tested benefits and this will include council tax reduction. 

If you are claiming any means tested benefits the same will apply to you. Changes need to be reported as soon as the money go into the bank. No bank statements would be needed at this point. 

Hope this helps and I’m not too bad, thanks for asking. Hope you are well. 
  • Tina66
    Hi Poppy, I'm OK, thanks for asking.  if he gets over 16k and then needs to reclaim means tested benefits when he goes back under  will he need bank statements then? I'm just not sure when to produce them, when he declares he's over 16k (if we get that) or when he's back under to reclaim .... Sorry ? 
  • poppy123456
    It will be when his savings go back under the maximum limit.
  • Tina66
    Thanks Poppy. ☺️
  • Tina66
    And have a nice evening too, hope the new home is nice and you are settled. ?
  • Tina66
    Oh btw, @poppy123456 does PIP get effected re savings too, which is what he also gets? 
  • poppy123456
    Thanks and you too. House is lovely and all settled thanks.

PIP is not means tested. Just the UC and council tax reduction and which ever means tested benefits you are claiming, if you have the inheritance too. 
  • Tina66
    Hiya, thank you and my brother says thanks too and glad all is well at your new house ? 
  • Tina66
    Hey Poppy, hope all is well? Hope you remember me, you have given me great help re my brother. My uncles inheritance is due end month as is my brothers WCA assessment for UC, he also claims ESA contribution based. As we think he is getting over 16k and obviously his UC housing, LCWRA and daily living allowance will stop, what will happen to the WCA assessment form he will have filled and sent? Esa contribution-based (he is in support group) have said as it is separate benefit and not income based it will not affect it but they also said they go by the decision of the WCA assessment but if my brothers WCA assessment form isn't looked at because it overlaps with inheritance, how will ESA contribution then know if they should keep paying him because he is still unwell, inheritance aside. I am really confused, it is complicated and I don't know what we are to do? Thank you ? x
  • poppy123456
    I'm plodding along thanks. I'll feel a little better once my daughter has her baby, not sure how much more stress i can take :/ Hope you're well too.

Contributions based ESA and PIP will not be affected because both are not means tested. UC will stop if he has more than £16.000 in savings and so will council tax reduction, if he claims this.

I'm not sure on the answer to this because i've not heard of this situation before. I'll tag a member of admin who will hopefully be able to help you further. @Adrian_Scope i'd appreciate your help with this please?  I'll copy and paste the question here so you don't have to read the whole thread.

Thanks in advance!
    My uncles inheritance is due end month as is my brothers WCA assessment for UC, he also claims ESA contribution based. As we think he is getting over 16k and obviously his UC housing, LCWRA and daily living allowance will stop, what will happen to the WCA assessment form he will have filled and sent? Esa contribution-based (he is in support group) have said as it is separate benefit and not income based it will not affect it but they also said they go by the decision of the WCA assessment but if my brothers WCA assessment form isn't looked at because it overlaps with inheritance, how will ESA contribution then know if they should keep paying him because he is still unwell, inheritance aside. I am really confused, it is complicated and I don't know what we are to do? Thank you

• Tina66
    Hi, yes please because I am very confused and upset because we don't understand and need advice. Hope your daughter has baby soon?
  • poppy123456
    It most likely won't be until Monday that Adrian will reply because admin doesn't work weekends. In the meantime try not to worry because his ESA won't stop in the meantime.
  • Tina66
    Thank you, it is a complicated scenario that he is in and a worry and we need to understand how it works if possible so hopefully next week Adrian may have some idea. ?
  • poppy123456
    No problem. There's really nothing at all to worry about so try to relax.
  • Tina66
    Hi Poppy, I know we're waiting for Adrian tomorrow re the complicated issue, but i think you may be able to please advise today: my brother was on his UC looking at his payments and he accidentally clicked on Health declare a new fit note. He just came out of it and went back to looking at his payments but Health declare a new fit note was now showing up on his To Do List!! We went into it and this time cancelled it and it and now says on journal Health declare a new fit note - cancelled. We popped a note on journal to explain was an accident/error. Will he get in trouble now? ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.