PIP REVIEW — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP REVIEW

Gensa
Gensa Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Good evening all, first time poster but used this page for a lot of advice. If anybody could help or give abit of insight I’d be greatful, I received a my PIP review form in October 2019. I filled it in along with changes in my circumstances. I received a letter on the 11th of February advising me my f2f would take place in my home on 3rd March. I’ve now had this but I’ve realised my PIP award is due to end on the 20th of March and I was wondering will I receive a decision before it’s due to end or will it be after? Also in regards to reviews do you receive some sort of backpay if they decide to enhance your award? Thankyou in advance 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Gensa, hello and welcome, firstly since you have had your assessment you can request a copy of your assessment report then you can see what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official notification letter from the DWP and any monies owing will be noted in your award notification letter. 
  • Gensa
    Thankyou Wilko. So it’s just a waiting game then I guess, quite nerve wracking but I suppose I’ll find out sooner or later. I rang them the day after my assessment and asked for a copy of the assessment report and she advised me as soon as it comes through a copy will be sent out to me. Fingers crossed
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If the decision hasn't been made by the time your PIP is due to end then it will stop. If you're successfully awarded then it will be backdated to the date it stopped.

As it's a review if you're awarded a higher rate then it's paid from the date of the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Gensa
    Thankyou Poppy123456, It’s reassuring to know that if a decision isn’t made in time and it ends up being successful then it shall be reinstated if it is indeed stopped. Thankyou for your reply 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.