Panorama tomorrow night — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Panorama tomorrow night

anisty
anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
8.30pm bbc 1: " the million pound disability payout"  about the dwp tribunals.  (Looks like more to do with work related benefits so have posted in wrong section.)
Monday, 9th march it is on.

Also i am in scotland. Apologies for confusion if this isnt showing in England

Comments

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @anisty - Thanks...I believe that if a regional programme you can search for it on iplayer.
  • anisty
    Cheers @Username_removed. It says something in my tv mag about it being related to tribunals carried out where people have been (wrongly) assessed as being fit for work.

So i did that asertion thing again and leapt to the conclusion it wasnt about pip/dla at all and more about work capability assessment tribunals.

Great to know we're at one as a nation with Panorama though (unless we get a change in our schedule and some SNP related thing lol)
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Noticed this in the TV guide last night.  I'll watch it but I'm not a fan of Panorama programmes usually...they seem to twist things to fit their agenda rather than reporting things as they are...but we'll see! :)
  • anisty
    Looks like my tv mag has not given the best description of this programme:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51756783

Mike is spot on!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • anisty
    Thanks @bekindalways.  That is a lovely message and i am not deserving of it. Not yet, anyway!

I dont have any disabilities - i am here as my son is currently going through dla to pip transfer.

Fingers crossed though - IF he gets an award, he will have sailed through the process. They didnt call him for face to face.  He got awarded LCWRA group without f2f too so he is one of the ones the system might actually work for.

You are absolutely right that hearing the stories in the media where others have been unjustly treated is causing me some turmoil, no doubt about it. And taking over my thoughts!

But hopefully,  we wont need to wait many more weeks to find out if my son is successfully tranferred over to pip.

This site is definitely helping pass the weeks away :)

I did watch the programme but it didnt relate to our situation so i remained calm and peaceful whilst watching
  • cristobal
    edited March 2020
    "I chose to ignore the advice of forums and chose to take every comment made, I researched and I went against advice given by people who are unqualified to give it."

@bekindalways - as far as I know (and I am ready to stand corrected) there aren't any 'qualified' advisers on here...you need to go to a face to face adviser to get that...

I'm certainly not 'qualified' but, having claimed PIP and seen how difficult some claimants find to fill in the form and add some reasonable evidence of how their condition helps them, I try to help. Sadly I'm quite good at filling in forms! Others have different areas on which they are knowledgeable but, as you say, in an unqualified manner.

Obviously, as with any advice, there's a skill in deciding whether the advice sounds reasonable and whether or not to take it.

Best wishes ...
  • [Deleted User]
  • anisty
    It is looking positive @bekindalways. See my new post  :)
  • [Deleted User]
  • cristobal
      "Me and @BenefitsTrainingCo want to see you outside  though you are of course correct. Nothing beats face to face advice."

@Username_removed - you're not likely to see me 'outside' if there's two of you - I'll be long gone...

Please accept my unreserved apology for any damage to reputation I may have inadvertently caused...

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.