What happens if you need to take your carer on holiday with you? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What happens if you need to take your carer on holiday with you?

Options
Rifi7
Rifi7 Community member Posts: 198 Pioneering
I want to go away while renovations for the adaptions are being done to property as social services have nowhere to put me whilst  these are being done. These renovations are major and involve smashing through two brick walls to widen doorways as well as creating a wet room.  Social services expect me to stay in property but the builder who came to view the job had told me that he couldn’t see how I can stay in flat with major dust due to the works.  Would I have to pay for carer if I go away on holiday whilst these are being done or is there a grant I can apply for?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Yes, unfortunately, you would need to pay for the carer to go with you. You would also need to pay the carers wages while you are away. My daughter has a support worker and if she goes away on a short break she has to pay for herself and the carer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Rifi7, I have always had to pay for my PA to come with me.
    Scope

• Rifi7
    Rifi7 Community member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you Poppy123456 and Chloe

Brightness