Hello. Awaiting decision for WCA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello. Awaiting decision for WCA

Adventium
Adventium Community member Posts: 31 Connected
Hello. I'm entirely new here. So, a little about me. I'm male, 36 years old.
I'm ill, I consider myself ill. Pretty much a shadow of what I used to be. 
I have gallstones that they are reluctant to operate on, considering unknown health issues.
I have chronic diahrrea, causing...'Accidents' sometimes a few times a week. 
Panic attacks every day, or every other day. General anxiety, and depression. 
And pain. Just, lots of physical pain. Mostly back, chest and joints, though docs can't seem to figure out what it is.
Blood tests for Rhuematoid screening tomorrow. Fun.
Tbh, finding all of this very hard to deal with.

So, last week, I attended my WCA, and it seemed to go well. The assessor seemed to be nice. And seemed to listen and take my points on board. I didn't see what he was typing of course...but seemed attentive. Overall, apart from my issues, seemed like it went well, and he seemed to ask the right questions (From what I've researched about the WCA itself). 
Lots of pain throughout the assessment, and a LOT of pain with the physical side of it. Which to normal people, would be absolute cake.
That...And panic the night before, no sleep, and panic on the way. Not to mention visiting the loo 4 times during the trip there, and 2 more during the wait. 

So, to be honest, I'm worried about the outcome. Though it seemed to go well, I definitely have no idea what he wrote, and how that would be taken on board by decision makers. So, anxiety is at a pretty severe level. I take propranolol to mitigate the physical side of this, but it doesn't help the mental componant.

I've messaged my work coach (Who also seems like he's taking care not to push me at all) about asking for the report. I expect to get a reply tomorrow, and am aware I may need to call them to get a copy.

Not sure if I have the fortitude to go through what they would require for LCW, or being found fit for work.

Just need reassurance, rather than advice.

Thankyou. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm sorry to hear all that and i hope you get some answers soon regarding your health.

Unfortunately, no one can reassure you regarding the WCA because no one knows exactly how your conditions affect you. For the WCA they would have assessed your ability to do any type of work because it's about the work you can do and not the work you can't do. It's impossible to speculate anything at this point.

When you receive the assessment report take note of the LCW and LCWRA recommendations towards the back of the report. They usually go with the report, it's rare for them to go against it.

Once the decision is made the letter will be uploaded onto your journal but there's no timescales for decisions. Hopefully not too long. Goodluck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Adventium! I really hope today goes okay and that you can get some answers soon. Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• Adventium
    I shall. Thank you very much for the warm welcome!
  • Adventium
    On the Blood test front, bloods showed Rheumatology issues apparently. So, progress. I've been working at this for years, trying to persuade docs to figure it out. Seems like they are *actually* doing things now XD Will update when more happens.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Glad to hear you're making progress with the tests @Adventium
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adventium
    I have a reply about WCA, and I got LCW. So, how would I go about an MR, then appeal if needed?
    Thanks
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2020
    Hi @Adventium, here is the appeal process. If you have any further questions then please do let us know. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.