Still waiting !!! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Still waiting !!!

Options
kerry06
kerry06 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello I sent my renewal form back the 24th November and received a text the 9th of January to say they had got them up until today I still haven’t heard anything back and I’m worried as my currant award ends on the 20th of April, will my money stop ? Also I need to renew my blue badge which I done from my pip award letter last time so can’t even do that at the moment.
many thanks 
kerry 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

There's no timescales for any decision. A face to face assessment is most likely because most people have them. If a decision's not made by the time your PIP ends then your money will stop. If you're successfully awarded then it will be backdated to the date it stopped.

It may also be worth ringing DWP tomorrow morning when they open to ask them for an update and tell them that your PIP is due to end in April and you're worried that a decision won't be made by the time your PIP award is due to end. If your file has been sent to the health assessment providers then you should also give them a ring to ask how long the wait is for assessments in your area.

Hope this helps, good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kerry06
    kerry06 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou so much for your reply.
    its a nightmare isn’t it,
    I will phone them and see what they have to say but it’s annoying when I’ve returned everything on time to them and it’s there hold up now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Indeed it is. The problem is a catch 22 situation. When reviews took place 1 year before the award was due to end, often this was far too early because if a claimant was then refused their current PIP award would end much sooner than it really should have.

Now the reviews are 6 months before people are finding that a decision is taking much longer than it should because of backlogs. When this happens, there's a possibility that their award will end if the decision isn't made in time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.