PIP while living in France — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP while living in France

JCANDME2006
JCANDME2006 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Could anyone advise me: I am a brit living in France;
I applied for pip June 2018 and was supposed to be waiting for someone to contact my doctor. They didn't.  Then after contacting them again many times over the next months they finally said they were arranging for someone to assess me near my home.  OK.   That was 3 months ago.  Not heard a thing. I am on long term sickness benefit.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome.

You will need to contact DWP to ask them for an update. No one on an internet forum could tell you what's happening with your claim. Hopefully you'll have some answers when you ring. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JCANDME2006
    Thank you for your reply, however, I’m wondering if there is a maximum limit on the amount of time they are allowed to keep you waiting..
  • poppy123456
    No, there's no time limit at all. I can only guess that it's more complicated and the wait is most likely much longer because you're not actually living in the UK. I don't know how the process works when living outside of UK.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • JCANDME2006
    Ok. Thank you for your kind help. I was hoping someone in the forum might know but thank you anyway. 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Unfortunately, with timescales then no one can help. Although you do seem to be waiting rather a long time but then the process is most likely totally different for you because you're living outside the UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.