LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

franko1234shinn
franko1234shinn Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SHOW YOU A COPY FOR MY lcwra award are these dates for payment correct this is what they have told me i thought it was 12 weeks looks like i was wrong here is there message the limited capability for work activity waiting period is calculated slightly differently to the way you set out in your message under the regulations there has to be three clear assessment periods from the date of the award before the first payment is made to youthe date of the award is from 13 DEC and unfortunately your assessment period runs from 13 DEC to 12th of Jan the whole of that month has to be discounted as the 13th is included then there has to be three clear assessment periods  13 Jan to 12th of Feb then 13 Feb to 12th march then 13th march to 12th of april so after the 13th of April you will automatically receive the additional payment                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          that is what they sent me so if all that is correct how much should i recieve on the 19th of April                               kind regards franko

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    HI the waiting period begins when you first provide evidence of LCW. Looking back at your previous thread i see you provided the fit note when you first claimed UC, if that's correct then you should receive the extra £336 in this months money. Then each month after that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • franko1234shinn
    thanks poppy the message above is what they have sent me how do i take this forward because he has gone on about discounted months and you can also see when he has said i shall be paid from regulations kind regards frank
  • poppy123456
    May i ask when you applied for UC did you mention in the form that you had a health condition that limited your capability for work? and when you went for your first appointment at the job centre did you take your first fit note with you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • franko1234shinn
    yes i took the fit note with me and explained due to my condition i will never work again
  • franko1234shinn
    they actually filled the form in for me and advised me to go on uc so as to get my rent paid i was on ESAfor years but stopped claiming it about six years ago to work part time sadly my heart and chest condition has got worse so i stopped work and claimed i didn't even have to go to a capability assessment my doctor requested a home visit and they just informed me they were putting me in the lcwra group thet have got all the medical evidence from now and  from years ago even argued the point over the 12 week assessment period not applying to me they just said regulations every time i send a message in the same person answers it am sure he has it in for me      kind regards frank
  • poppy123456
    It's not 12 weeks, it's 3 full assessment periods. If the dates you told me are correct then you should receive the extra money in this months pay.
  • franko1234shinn
    they have wrote in my journal my first payment is 19 of april
  • poppy123456
    I noticed you posted on my wall. No, please don't send me your UC log in details, i wouldn't advise you to ever disclose those details to anyone.

I just looked back at another thread of yours and i see you applied on 13th December, with a fit note. So this means that your assessment periods are as follows.
    Dec 13th - Jan 12th = 1 month
    Jan 13th - Feb 12th = 2 months
    Feb 13 - March 12th = 3 months.

LCWRA starts from March 13th - April 12th. As UC is paid 1 month is arrears this means that your LCWRA element of £336 will be paid from your April payment, so they are correct with their calculations. Sorry for the confusion.
  • franko1234shinn
    thanyou so much poppy for all your advice
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.