How long for a decision? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for a decision?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    mlaw886 said:
    Hi guys wee update I'm still waiting for my descion 8 weeks now seems a long time. 

There's no timescales for any decision. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. Hopefully not too much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mlaw886
    mlaw886 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Thanks hopefully not much longer now. 
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Hi, I got my decision, I don’t no whether I told you lot on here or not, I didn’t get the extra payments so I did a mandatory reconsideration and still didn’t get it, so I appealed and it’s been about 3 weeks now. 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately Tribunals can take up to a year and sometimes longer.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • avakarlsson
    I have done it as urgent as I need this done ASAP, as I had my occupational health phone call yesterday and when I next see my manager they will probably dismiss me on ill health grounds. As when I saw my manager last time in January that’s what they said.
  • poppy123456
    Do be aware that LCWRA is about the work you can do and not the work you can't do and the Tribunal will consider your ability to do any type of work, not just the work you used to do. Lots of people are waiting about a year. Stating it's urgent may not help the time you're waiting.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • avakarlsson
    Hopefully it won’t take long to hear back from the DWP and they change there minds, saves me carrying on with the appeal and even waiting more time.
  • poppy123456
    It's rare for DWP to do that so i'd advise you to expect to have to appear in person. At least this way, you'll be prepared, if you do have to appear in person. 
  • avakarlsson
    I have said and they said if the judge wants you there you can come or he might decide without me there, I have said why I disagree etc and really explained well. It’s like my PIP daily living I didn’t get it when I applied for it or mandatory reconsideration, so I appealed then the time I sent back the form to when I heard to say we have changed the award to a much favourable one that took about 2 weeks all together and I did put a lot of information in that too and it didn’t have to go any further as DWP changed there minds. I am hoping the same for the universal credit extra payments too to be the same as my pip outcome. 
  • avakarlsson
    Hi everyone

What is the new ESA style? Can I get it if I am on pip and on universal credit?
    I am not receiving any universal credit payments yet.
  • Ami2301
     The GOV website states,

New Style’ ESA is a contributory benefit. Normally, this means you may be able to get it if you’ve paid and/or been credited with enough National Insurance contributions in the 2 full tax years before the year you’re claiming in.
  • avakarlsson
    I did do 16hrs a week and I did have to pay national insurance not every month. 
  • Ami2301
    You can read this page for more information.
  • avakarlsson
    Can you get the new style esa if your on universal credit and pip? 
  • Ami2301
    It depends on your circumstances and whether or not you've paid enough national insurance contributions. It explains in more detail on the oink I provided about eligibility.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited March 2020
    Hi @avakarlsson. As @Ami2301 said, it depends on your NI contributions as to whether you could apply. You can claim it in addition to Universal Credit and PIP. It has no effect on PIP but it deducted £ for £ from Universal Credit. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • avakarlsson
    Hi Adrian, I will have a look at my national insurance contributions on my latest pay slip and it will say how much I have paid since being at my job, how much is it to be able to qualify the benefit.  
  • avakarlsson
    Ok thank you I will look into it and see if I can get it. 
  • poppy123456
    To claim New style ESA now you will need to have paid NI Contributions in tax years April 2017 to March 2019. As Adrian has advised it will make no difference to your income because it's deducted £1 for £1 from your UC entitlement. If you are eligible then you won't receive any payments until your SSP has ended.
  • avakarlsson
    Sorry for the late reply 

oh I see I did phone universal credit today and asked about my appeal as they said on Monday by today it will be decided by DWP or the judge. They said the judge got it on Wednesday.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.