Advice or support with Diverticulitis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice or support with Diverticulitis

Options
SimonPG
SimonPG Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi. First timer here, and not sure how this works, but looking for some advice or reassurance on Diverticulitis???

Comments

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there @SimonPG - welcome to the Scope Community. It's good to have you here. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. What advice in particular are you looking for - the condition itself, or how to cope, or just looking for some others who might be experiencing the same challenges as yourself? I can then help you find a board that you will benefit from the most. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you

• SimonPG
    SimonPG Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi Abdi. Ive been managing the condition for the last 7 years, with a formal dignosis 4 years ago with ongoing invesigations for possible crohns.  Its often difficult to even manage the most basic day to day tasks but i have been holding down a full time job at the same time but its often a challenge due to its effects. I was looking for advice or support as to any financial support i can access so i can sensibly reduce my working hours without impacting on my family.
    Regards
    Simon
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @SimonPG , I am sorry to hear that. I hope you get the right support and help to manage it. We have a couple of boards you may be interested in. We have a Finances and extra costs group, along with a whole section on Disability Benefits. There is a 'what benefits am I entitled to?' group, which might also be useful. Finally, you could also try calling our helpline who are brilliant at giving advice. I hope that helps. Please do let me know if this was helpful and if you got what you needed.

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @SimonPG   Pleased to meet you.

Please have a look at this organisation .

For Diverticular Disease.

https://www.gutscharity.org.uk.

Helpline 020 7486 0341

I am sorry to hear your are struggling please if I can offer the following diet and nutritional advice.

With this condition always advise speak to a Doctor and a dietician or nutritionist .

Your community health unit run by local council can help. Offer a well being service.

Help you adjust your diet, nutrition.

Diet should include Fresh Fruit and Vegetables.

Whole meal bread and Porridge, Brown Rice .

Plenty of water .

Also lean meat Chicken Turkey and eat sensibly no junk food, cakes, biscuits and cakes refined carbohydrates.

You could eat a vegetarian diet if to help you.

Please hope that helps.

Please any questions please ask happy to be supportive, anytime.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness