Advice or support with Diverticulitis — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice or support with Diverticulitis

Options
SimonPG
SimonPG Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi. First timer here, and not sure how this works, but looking for some advice or reassurance on Diverticulitis???

Comments

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there @SimonPG - welcome to the Scope Community. It's good to have you here. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. What advice in particular are you looking for - the condition itself, or how to cope, or just looking for some others who might be experiencing the same challenges as yourself? I can then help you find a board that you will benefit from the most. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you

• SimonPG
    SimonPG Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi Abdi. Ive been managing the condition for the last 7 years, with a formal dignosis 4 years ago with ongoing invesigations for possible crohns.  Its often difficult to even manage the most basic day to day tasks but i have been holding down a full time job at the same time but its often a challenge due to its effects. I was looking for advice or support as to any financial support i can access so i can sensibly reduce my working hours without impacting on my family.
    Regards
    Simon
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @SimonPG , I am sorry to hear that. I hope you get the right support and help to manage it. We have a couple of boards you may be interested in. We have a Finances and extra costs group, along with a whole section on Disability Benefits. There is a 'what benefits am I entitled to?' group, which might also be useful. Finally, you could also try calling our helpline who are brilliant at giving advice. I hope that helps. Please do let me know if this was helpful and if you got what you needed.

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @SimonPG   Pleased to meet you.

Please have a look at this organisation .

For Diverticular Disease.

https://www.gutscharity.org.uk.

Helpline 020 7486 0341

I am sorry to hear your are struggling please if I can offer the following diet and nutritional advice.

With this condition always advise speak to a Doctor and a dietician or nutritionist .

Your community health unit run by local council can help. Offer a well being service.

Help you adjust your diet, nutrition.

Diet should include Fresh Fruit and Vegetables.

Whole meal bread and Porridge, Brown Rice .

Plenty of water .

Also lean meat Chicken Turkey and eat sensibly no junk food, cakes, biscuits and cakes refined carbohydrates.

You could eat a vegetarian diet if to help you.

Please hope that helps.

Please any questions please ask happy to be supportive, anytime.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.