PIP Claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Claim

Rikatie
Rikatie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi everyone, I am new here and need a little help, my husband applied for PIP 18th December 2019, he had his F2F 14th Feb 2020,  he had a text message 20th Feb from DWP to say they had the assessors report, the he had a letter dated 3rd March saying they had all they need, we telephoned DWP 18th March 2020 to be told it has been assigned to a DM but they hadn't looked at it yet so I asked for a copy of the report which they were reluctant to send but we have got it today, I have been through it and although there are things in there that was not said it wasn't to bad and after working through it and cross referencing to the points system for PiP have worked out he has scored 9 points for Daily living and 12 points for getting around. My question is as I see here about points etc has everyone had to work it out themselves by going through the descriptors or was the points on your report already, sorry for the odd question just unsure about these things. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Points in any assessment report are never added up because it's just a recommendation and nothing more. The DM usually goes with the report and rarely goes against it, although it can happen.

Once the decision's been made and the letter is received the points will be added up in the award letter.

If they go with the report and usually this happens the award should be Standard daily living and Enhanced mobility.

There's no timescales for decisions despite receiving the letter that they have all the information they need, it can still take between 2-8 weeks for a decision but with everything going on expect further delays with the decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rikatie
    Rikatie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you Poppy123456,  I did say to DWP I totally understand it may take longer with everything going on at this time, I think we just wanted an idea of what was in the report as it was a home visit and the assessor when it came to the standing part of the assessment said she was not going to do that part as she could see my husband was in so much pain, she went on to say that she was allowed to do this as she was a qualified Nurse so was a little nervous of that part more than anything.
  • skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    Rikatie said:
    she was not going to do that part as she could see my husband was in so much pain, she went on to say that she was allowed to do this as she was a qualified Nurse .
    I know a few 'qualified' second hand car dealers who generally tell the punters that they can trust them as they would not lie to them!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.