esa not paid in — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa not paid in

steve1571
steve1571 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
Hi I normally get my esa payments at midnight every 2 weeks on Friday and I haven't received a payment today. I am on income related payments and also on higher rate pip. thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Have you been sent more ESA50 forms recently, or maybe been for another face to face assessment for ESA? If not, do you claim mid/high rate care DLA or PIP daily living and you've recently been for a face to face assessment for this?

There could be lots of reasons why they haven't paid you your money, or it could even be your bank just being later than usually paying you.

DWP open at 8am you should ring them and ask because they are the only ones that can tell you the reason. Good luck and hopefully you'll get it sorted.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve1571
    steve1571 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    got paid at 3 am, feel a bit silly for over thinking. thanks for your advice.
  • poppy123456
    Glad you got paid. Sometimes payments into the bank can be made later than usual.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dazz81
    dazz81 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi can anyone help me please I was due my esa yesterday and it wasn’t paid I have been on it for 5 years. They wrote to me in January to go to an assessment but my doctor wrote me a letter so the deputy said that had excepted my reason and no further action was taken. Has anyone else had a problem with esa. Surely if they were going to stop it they would of wrote to me? Thank you
  • poppy123456
    dazz81 said:
    Hi can anyone help me please I was due my esa yesterday and it wasn’t paid I have been on it for 5 years. They wrote to me in January to go to an assessment but my doctor wrote me a letter so the deputy said that had excepted my reason and no further action was taken. Has anyone else had a problem with esa. Surely if they were going to stop it they would of wrote to me? Thank you
    HI,

Unfortunately, you will need to ring them tomorrow morning when they open at 8am.

Payments made on a Saturday are only usually made on that day because your bank has processed the payment earlier than they should and the payment day should be a Monday.

If you have been found fit for work then payments can be stopped before a letter is received, as is often the case. I'm not sure what you mean by "deputy"

They will be able to tell you what's going on when you ring them tomorrow. Good luck.
  • dazz81
    Sorry I meant to say dwp had excepted my reason for not going. I also had my pip assessment a few weeks ago and have still been awarded it. It just doesn’t make sense 6 months down the line they would have stopped it after they said no further action was required. Maybe it’s just an error there end? I hope so as I have no money for another 2 weeks! Thank you for replying 
  • poppy123456
    Could be an error but it's purely a guess, i'm afraid.
  • dazz81
    Okey doke fingers crossed thank you 
  • poppy123456
    You say they accepted your reasons for not attending? Did you have a decision on that review?
  • dazz81
    Yes they said no further action was required and that they would be in touch if anything changed. That was the beginning off January. I recently had my assessment for pip and passed and they still continue to pay my pip. 
  • poppy123456
    Usually you'll receive a decision letter. As tomorrow is your official payment day then if you don't receive it early in the morning then ring them.
  • dazz81
    Ok thank you for replying if it’s not in there tomorrow I will ring them at 8am my bank always pay on a Saturday hopefully it’s an error because surely they would of wrote to me. When I had my pip assessment the woman even said to me we see you had letters from your doctor for your esa and still passed my pip. I am bipolar and have severe anxiety so I am really stressing and worrying. Sorry to be a pain
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 10,666 Scope online community team
    Good morning @dazz81, sorry you've had such a stressful weekend wondering what's gone on with your payment. I hope it has gone in this morning and if not, do give them a call. Let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • dazz81
    Hiya it’s all been sorted thanks everyone! I rang them this morning and they said because my file is so big and I have been on esa for sometime they just wanted to check my details. They are putting the payment in today. So I am very relieved 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Good news @dazz81. Glad it's sorted and thanks for updating us. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • myleslee08
    myleslee08 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Does anyone know if there are issues with esa as my friend has not been paid today. 
  • poppy123456
    Does anyone know if there are issues with esa as my friend has not been paid today. 

Hi,

I'm afraid your friend will need to ring DWP to ask why they haven't received their money. They are the only ones that will be able to tell them the reasons why money hasn't been received. Do be aware that waiting times will be increased when ringing DWP now.
  • myleslee08
    myleslee08 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Think it's fine now. Yes she did wait an hour before someone answered and apparently there was a glitch in the system and said she should get paid within 3 hours. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Glad to hear it's been resolved @myleslee08
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Tamartemis
    Tamartemis Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Mine hasn't been paid either, I'm on phone now waiting 50+ minutes in. How do I try to not panic?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.