How worried are you about the Corona virus now? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How worried are you about the Corona virus now?

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Not at all worried
    66Mustang said:
    Here is a picture of the beer aisle at my local Sainsbury’s. Do people think there is a connection or something?

Well you can make  your own sanitiser with alcohol, I'm not worried about the effects of the virus on my hands, so going to spend the time drinking until we get out of this, hic. 

Trouble is I now seem to have three wives constantly nagging at me.

Interestingly I have read a lot of predictions of a baby boom late this year to middle of next year, but very little about divorces and separations.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    Quite worried
    They are predicting a spike in the divorce rate, increase in domestic violence. Social misery all round.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Geoark said:
    66Mustang said:
    Here is a picture of the beer aisle at my local Sainsbury’s. Do people think there is a connection or something?

Well you can make  your own sanitiser with alcohol, I'm not worried about the effects of the virus on my hands, so going to spend the time drinking until we get out of this, hic. 

Trouble is I now seem to have three wives constantly nagging at me.

Interestingly I have read a lot of predictions of a baby boom late this year to middle of next year, but very little about divorces and separations.
    I did read/hear somewhere that the same day the strict quarantine measures were lifted in China, there was a spike in people filing for divorce!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That must be really difficult @Rifi7. I hope it's not too long before you get to see her again for another hug.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • anisty
    Quite worried
    Sorry, my post above does seem a bit gloomy. I dont want to add to anyone's worry and am an upbeat person with a positive spin on any situation normally!

Think my worry level is up to 'very worried' not about catching the virus itself, it is all the knock on effects on livelihoods, jobs etc.

However, in times of crisis, the best of people as well as the worst comes out and this is a lovely story which will hopefully take hold uk wide

https://news.stv.tv/feature/ticks-and-crosses-villages-novel-way-of-tackling-covid-19
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Very worried
    Rifi7 said:
    They have stopped visits to mums care home and I’m missing my mum. She has vascular dementia and dysphagia. She has a big family and has visits twice a day from family members.  My mum has had dementia for 14 years and although she can no longer speak with words as her words get muddled up, her expression speak volumes. It’s only been just over a week but I miss seeing her smile and her stroking my hand. I know I’m fortunate to have this time with mum but I’m worried that something will happen to her during this isolation period. It’s a very difficult time all round but I if I had known at the last visit that they were going to ban family visiting residents I would have given her the biggest hug to keep us going until the ban is over. 

let’s hope this nightmare ends very soon and we can all get back to some normality.

Ah that`s a shame Rifl, would your mum cope with a skype message from you?
    Maybe the home staff would try it for you.
    xxx
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    A little worried
    Some strict measures announced just now. Interesting times.
  • anisty
    Quite worried
    Yes it needed to happen as so many people were ignoring social distancing and carrying on regardless. Hopefully these new measures will finally get through to folk
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    A little worried
    Agreed
  • Rifi7
    Rifi7 Community member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    Makes me angry people are being so ignorant. I have had to stop seeing my mum in her care home, not just for my mum but also for the other residence and the wonderful staff who are putting themselves at risk by looking after our loved ones. My mum is not well at all and it’s an incredible difficult time, then you see people just swanning around without a care in the world. If people don’t care if they get the virus they should think about others. Sorry selfish!
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    A little worried
    The panic buying is ridiculous! my dad told me the other day that our local electrical shop has run out of freezers and a friend told me that people have been appealing for freezers on Facebook. These people should stop being greedy and think about other people who can't afford to bulk buy. I heard on the news that people are still cramming onto trains in London. These people are the main reason why the 3 week isolation has been enforced. Don't they realise that they are putting peoples lives at risk!!!
  • deb74
    A little worried
    I have gone from being a little worried to quite worried in the last couple of days! I am especially worried about my parents business, they have got a bed and breakfast and they were full booked this week but that will all have changed now. If the lockdown is only going to last a few weeks they should be ok but if it lasts longer then they will probably go out of business. 
  • EmmaJane
    EmmaJane Scope Member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Not at all worried
    I have gone from not at all worried to absolutely furious! Not allowed out??? Am I back in the USSR??? :s
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    Very worried
    EmmaJane said:
    I have gone from not at all worried to absolutely furious! Not allowed out??? Am I back in the USSR??? :s
    I really hope this is a joke. Otherwise ...... shakes head in despair .....
  • anisty
    Quite worried
    Seriously @EmmaJane. What are you thinking?! We all need to pull together now and get on board with the lockdown. I was out yesterday and the amount of elderly people out and taking no notice whatsoever of social distancing was very concerning indeed.

What is going on the heads of these people. For goodness' sake, get in your house and stay in it. Help the National effort here and get on board  with the restrictions.
  • Cressida
    Very worried
    @anisty great post. I feel your frustration. ?
  • anisty
    Quite worried
    Omg  just watching the 6pm news on tv now and a lot of people just arent getting it! People just walking about with their friends. What is the matter with folk?!!

Unless everyone gets on board and stays indoors, more severe enforcement is bound to come. And the lockdown will go on for longer and longer . . .

Stay indoors!!!!!
  • deb74
    A little worried
    I live on quite a busy road and I have noticed quite a lot of people walking up and down the road today. Not as many as usual though! I did fee the same as EmmaJane though when we were told we all had to stay in doors. But we have to realise it is for our own good.
  • Cressida
    Very worried
    I think that knowing you will probably die if you catch it makes the decision to stay in very easy. No brainer.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Very worried
    There was a case on tonights news of the police having to break up a BBQ that 20 people were attending !!!, and photos in the news on tube trains full to bursting, I really do despair sometimes, but it seems that the majority of us have now seen how serious this is and are taking notice of what we are being told NOT to do, lets hope this doesn't go on for long, but it will be what it will be.
    Stay safe everyone x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness