Wheelchair hire — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wheelchair hire

Options
Wizzy75
Wizzy75 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi guy's I really hope somebody could help me.
I am feeling quite isolated due to travel issues. My issue is; I have a mobility scooter that gets me out and about locally which is great. My problem is I really need a day out somewhere but cannot use my scooter on the train or bus. I am wondering if anybody knows how I can hire an electric wheelchair or foldable scooter for a week/weekend. I am quite jealous of my friends going to watch concerts etc and I can't go. Does anyone have any advice?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Wizzy75 and I'm sorry to hear this. Have you checked out Mobility Hire?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Were you able to get a wheelchair or not @Wizzy75
  • icarus
    icarus Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    Options
    hi not sure where in the uk you are but i am located on leicester derbyshire border i cover approx 30 mile radius and always have a couple of electric wheelchairs and scooters  available i use them myself occasionally and sell and loan/ hire them out. They are great for bus trips etc.  As i work from home low overheads  enable me to quote prices 30-40% lower than most shops.Some take apart easily and can be taken by car then quickly re assembled for shopping trips atthe moment i am building a motor tricycle that has a flat back platform and drive on back ramp. You drive onto it in a wheelchair . Lock the chair into place then in front of you is the handlebars and headstock of a 50 cc or 125cc scooter with electric start. Sitting in the wheelchair with a waist belt on you drive the motor tricycle--- steve at concept mobility  07976818006
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Wizzy75, how are you getting on? :)
    Scope

• Wizzy75
    Wizzy75 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    Not finding anything local I'm afraid, but this Coronavirus has put a stop to the idea of going anywhere anyway. Thank you all for your input and please stay safe x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear this @Wizzy75, it must be frustrating! No problem at all, I hope you are safe. :) 
    Scope

Brightness