Pip assessment during corona virus outbreak — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment during corona virus outbreak

Options
freeflow
freeflow Community member Posts: 11 Connected
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my wife's Pip is due to end on the end of April, she had an assessment booked, the dwp cancelled it and said they would renew by paper or telephone assessment, i thought they would continue to pay till this would happen, but i got a letter from the dwp carer unit saying that pip will stop according to their records and therefore my carers allowance will stop as well. so i am confused, as we did not cancel surely, are they not supposed to carry on paying PIP?

Any advice welcome,Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

The rules changed on March 23rd because of Covid19, all PIP awards that end soon will have their award extended because of Covid19. If a decision hasn't been made by the time the award is due to end this this is most likely what will happen. Give DWP a ring when they open tomorrow and ask them. Here's the link to the changes on 23rd March. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-update-benefit-reviews-and-reassessments-suspended

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @freeflow    Pleased to  meet you.

Please have tagged my friend @poppy123456 a member of our team who will be able to answer.

Lady has expertise knowledge on benefits and anything relevant.

Just  be along as soon asap.

Please if there anything I can help with please ask me.

Please take care and safe.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.