Hello everyone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello everyone

Options
poppy123456
poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,237 Disability Gamechanger
edited April 2020 in Coffee lounge
I bought myself a new mobility scooter, which was delivered to me this morning. As it's a nice day here and no rain, i thought i would go out around the block for some fresh air this morning, with my daughter. It was lovely to go out in the fresh air and my daughter enjoyed the walk. My daughter rudely asked if i had a driving license to drive my scooter lol. I kindly reminded her that i have indeed got a license and that she shouldn't be so rude LOLOL

There was a small bakery open so we quickly went in and bought a couple of cakes... yummy. Shhh ;)

However to my extreme horror, as we were on our way back home a van pulled up at the side of the road and a man got out, obviously delivering parcels to people. So i thought i would stop a little and wait for my daughter to catch up and as i did the man knocked at a door with the parcel in his hand. I thought he will put it on the door step in a minute and stand back from the door. He didn't! He stood at the door, waited for the person to open it, who was in fact a little elderly lady and then he handed the parcel to her, well within the recommended 2 metre distance! I just couldn't believe my eyes!! How scary is that???

I totally admire those that are continuing to work through these very difficult and challenging times and they all need awards for what they are doing. However, they definitely should be very careful to protect theirself and those that they are delivering parcels to.

Unfortunately, there was no information on the van he was driving as it was just a plan white van, so i couldn't report them to whoever they worked for. I just hope that he remembers in future to keep his distance when delivering parcels. I'm so glad he isn't delivering anything to me.

It's little things like this that we can forget because it's not natural to stand back and keep your distance but mistakes like this can spread the virus!

Stay safe everyone! and if you see a little red scooter near you, give a wave because it could be me :D
I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Tagged:

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,662 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes quite scary that. It seems really unnatural and rude to keep your distance but it needs to be done at this time!

Congrats on the new scooter and I’m glad you were able to get out and enjoy it. Hopefully in a few weeks the restrictions will be relaxed and you can properly enjoy it and all the freedoms it brings with it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,237 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you. Yes, i really hope so. I have a new grandson that i'd like to see too.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 269 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @poppy123456 it is such a good reminder. :smile: It’s so hard to change our default but to fight this disease we need to follow social distancing. 

Enjoy your scooter ….and you didn’t answer Do you have a driving licence ….hehe. :wink:

Take care and stay safe everyone …..keep 2 metre distance, it saves lives.

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    It is definatley unnatural all this social distancing. On Monday when I had my shopping delivered the delivery driver put my shopping bags on the doorstep and knocked the door. When I opened the door he was getting back in his van about to drive off.

Brightness