Anyone please help looking for working advise on the 12 week isolation period and work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone please help looking for working advise on the 12 week isolation period and work

Options
Bridget14
Bridget14 Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
edited April 2020 in Work and employment
Hello hope you are all keeping alright, riding the storm as they say.
Just wondering anyone know the legalities of the vulnerable 12 week rule?
Company made aware you are on 12 week vulnerable week list they inform you. You work in an environment with many people.
Basically I am trying to establish would you be allowed to let you carry on working as normal despite the company offering to pay two thirds of wages?
If they are not permitted to due to the risk can help be sought from other sources towards rent, council tax etc?
Tagged:

Comments

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @Bridget14 -  it is certainly a very uncertain time for so many who are able to continue working. Scope has produced some helpful links here about what you could claim and furlough scheme https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/benefits-and-coronavirus/ Hope you find some information useful here.

Keep Safe

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Bridget14, I hope @Abdi_Scope's information has been helpful. Is there anything else we can do to help?
    Scope

• Bridget14
    Options
    Hi @Abdi_Scope Thank you for your help. I was able to find an answer to the question.
     I know someone who is currently working in work place and is in vulnerable group. I was able to send the information onto them.

Hope you all keeping safe and well
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Bridget14 I am glad the information was helpful - yes we have to help our friends and family right now ensuring everything they need, which includes accurate information. Feel free to stay in the Community and share you experiences.
  • Bridget14
    Options
    Hi Abdi_Scope. Too right we do need to look out for all and lets hope this continues once Covid 19 under control.
  • skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    Options
    Bridget14 said:
    Hello hope you are all keeping alright, riding the storm as they say.
    Just wondering anyone know the legalities of the vulnerable 12 week rule?
    Company made aware you are on 12 week vulnerable week list they inform you. You work in an environment with many people.
    Basically I am trying to establish would you be allowed to let you carry on working as normal despite the company offering to pay two thirds of wages?
    If they are not permitted to due to the risk can help be sought from other sources towards rent, council tax etc?
    For a start have you been formally declared by the NHS as in the high vulnerability bracket? If so then you do have to isolate for at least 3 months. If you have not had that letter then you just have to be careful as per the government's guide lines.
    I don't know anybody that would want to voluntary be in the high risk group - life as you know it would stop.

Brightness