Confused by 2 letters regarding PIP Decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused by 2 letters regarding PIP Decision

Options
AM21
AM21 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi All
New to the page so hope everyone is safe and well at this time.
I understand everyone is in a similar boat right now but wondered if anyone can help? I had my PIP in person Assessment around 2 weeks ago and on the 13th I received a letter with a yearly update on the amount I would receive. I then got a letter today saying that they had all the information they need and they will write again with a decision. Im confused and like im sure many others are very worried. Does anyone have any advice?
Many thanks
Adam   

Comments

• AM21
    Options
    Hi All
    I understand everyone is in a similar boat right now but wondered if anyone can help? I had my PIP in person Assessment around 2 weeks ago and on the 13th I received a letter with a yearly update on the amount I would receive. I then got a letter today saying that they had all the information they need and they will write again with a decision. It said on the first letter payments would start on 6th April. Im confused and like im sure many others are very worried. Does anyone have any advice?
    Many thanks
    Adam   
  • AM21
    Options
    Hi All
    I understand everyone is in a similar boat right now but wondered if anyone can help? I had my PIP in person Assessment around 2 weeks ago and on the 13th I received a letter with a yearly update on the amount I would receive. I then got a letter today saying that they had all the information they need and they will write again with a decision. It said on the first letter payments would start on 6th April. Im confused and like im sure many others are very worried. Does anyone have any advice?
    Many thanks
    Adam   
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @AM21 was this for you review or is this your first time claiming PIP?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • AM21
    Options
    Thanks @Ami2301 nice to meet you. This was my review
  • Ami2301
    Options
    As you're already claiming PIP, this is a standard letter that is sent to all claimants every year. As you've not received your latest decision yet, then this letter still applies to you. The second letter is also a standard letter sent to all claimants when they have all the evidence they need to make a decision, hopefully you won't have to wait too long to hear from them :)
  • AM21
    Options
    Thanks @Ami2301
    its a little misleading isnt it as I went through the relief process that they had accepted me.Im now worried again but in the current climate Im sure many others are too. Thankyou so much for answering and like you say hopefully ill here soon!
  • Ami2301
    Options
    Benefits are confusing in general! Keep us updated and let us know if you have any further questions :)
  • AM21
    Options
    Thankyou i will!
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you requested a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can workout what you're award may should be but you still have to wait for the official award confirmation letter. Even if you don't have a F2F assessment a report will still be sent to the decision makers at DWP to make an award. 
  • AM21
    Options
    How do you go about requesting it @wilko ?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ring DWP to request the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    Options
    wilko said:
     Even if you don't have a F2F assessment a report will still be sent to the decision makers at DWP to make an award. 
    That is interesting.
    From your comments I am assuming that the DWP decision maker will not make any new decision until they have sight of a report from a HCP?
    Given that there are no F2F assessments for the time being, reports are being prepared either on the contents of the PIP claim file, the review form and any evidence that is sent in or via a telephone conversation.

A scenario that may well affect me is that the last claim form (transfer to PIP from DLA)  only dealt with as I was then and I made no reference to how I would be affected 5 years down the line. The evidence submitted 5 years ago was also date specific. I never release my telephone number (it's also call guardian protected) so the DWP have no idea what the number is and if they did it would not be put through.

I presume that where they can't complete a report they will wait until F2F assessments start up again. And in the meantime my award will be extended for as long as is necessary?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    skullcap said:
    wilko said:
     Even if you don't have a F2F assessment a report will still be sent to the decision makers at DWP to make an award. 
    That is interesting.
    From your comments I am assuming that the DWP decision maker will not make any new decision until they have sight of a report from a HCP?
    Given that there are no F2F assessments for the time being, reports are being prepared either on the contents of the PIP claim file, the review form and any evidence that is sent in or via a telephone conversation.

A scenario that may well affect me is that the last claim form (transfer to PIP from DLA)  only dealt with as I was then and I made no reference to how I would be affected 5 years down the line. The evidence submitted 5 years ago was also date specific. I never release my telephone number (it's also call guardian protected) so the DWP have no idea what the number is and if they did it would not be put through.

I presume that where they can't complete a report they will wait until F2F assessments start up again. And in the meantime my award will be extended for as long as is necessary?

If your award is due to end soon and a decision isn't made on that claim before that time then yes it will be extended.

Face to face assessments are suspended for at least 3 months. It will either be a phone call, paper based, or they will wait until face to face assessments are running again.

Decisions won't be made without the report.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.