Next payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Next payment

MK1993
MK1993 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi was wondering if you could give me an idea as how much my next payment will be. With all this new benefit change that is happening 
my dates are the 17 March - 16 April 
I also have LCWRA 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The standard payment increases announced by the government start from 6th April. This means that you won't see an increase until your May payment. This will then last for 1 year and then they will return to the normal standard allowance.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MK1993
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @MK1993

The standard allowance is increasing (for both the benefit increase announced some time ago and the coronavirus-related increase) and will be:
    £342.72 for a single claimant under 25.
    £409.89 for a single claimant over 25.
    £488.59 for joint claimants under 25.
    £594.04 for joint claimants over 25.

LCWRA is also increasing from £336.20 to £341.20.

As Poppy said, you won't see the increase until your May payment as it takes affect in the first full assessment period after April 6th.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @MK1993 and @poppy123456.
    Legislation changed on Friday to say the new UC rates would take effect from the first assessment period ending on or after 6th April. This means many people will see the increase sooner, with those whose payments are due on the 13th April onwards will see the increase in that award.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • MK1993
    Thank you for letting me know this.  So as I receive my next payment on the 23rd I will receive a bit more 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Yes that's correct @MK1993
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.