Esa Medical Review - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa Medical Review

Options
124»

Comments

• Tina66
    Tina66 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
    Options
    @poppy123456 are you ok, staying safe? Did you manage to look at my above message? We sent them screenshot of his journal to show claim officially closed but they won't send new bill until they get confirmation from UC/benefits and he's scared they're going to leave him waiting for months what with uc being so busy and not confirming to them yet that claim is closed! Don't understand why they don't accept what we have told them and screenshot? He's scared he'll get a huge bill, it's been over 2 weeks. I thought they'd be happy that he has informed them. ?‍♂️ 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Tina66. I'm so sorry I haven't picked up on your query sooner and I'm glad @poppy123456 has been able to offer you so much support. I hope you and your brother are keeping well?

As Poppy mentioned, his contribution-based ESA shouldn't change with the inheritance. 

With regards to council tax, I can completely understand your frustration. I had a similar experience when updating them of a change last year. Unfortunately, with everything going on, it'll be taking them longer than usual at the moment. With council tax support they usually wait until a claimant's UC assessment period has ended to automatically gather information from their system. In your situation it does seem a very backward way of doing it! 

Does your brother know what his council tax bill without support would usually be? I'd suggest maybe putting some money aside as if that's the amount so there'll be no nasty shock.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.