Lockdown Extention — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lockdown Extention

deb74
deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
I live in Wales and yesterday it was announced that they were extending the isolation in Wales even though it had not been decided what was going to happen in England! This lovely weather seems to be getting the whole of the town where I lived out and about. Yesterday I took my dog for a long walk and I have never seen so many people out and about before. Trying to keep to social distancing when so many people are about and you are walking down the riverbank is a nightmare! I have got a funny feeling that this lockdown is going to be extended for another couple of months yet. (complete nightmare).

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for the update @deb74, I have a feeling England will find out very soon what is going to happen.
    Scope

• kazzy1
    kazzy1 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Hi Deb, I live in Wales too! I'm sure that England will have their lockdown extended by a fair time.
  • deb74
    I think you are right @kazzy1. I think they are talking about extending it till the end of May.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    A decision will be made in England at the end of next week, which might see a continuation of the lockdown or give dates when it will be eased slowly, until then no one knows what will happen and when it will happen. I suppose it might also depend on how we "behave" over the long bank holiday.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering

It’s and ever changing game and it seems we need to take a day at a time.

Take care and keep safe

• deb74
    Lets hope people do behave responsibly this weekend! The police have now been given the powers to arrest people who don't stick to the rules, so hopefully that will be enough of a deterrent !
  • Victor
    Victor Community member Posts: 634 Pioneering
    Fingers crossed.
  • Denise11
    Denise11 Community member Posts: 99 Pioneering
    A friend thinks that this lock down is last forever, but that can't be true can it.  It maybe that we will mean that we will have to wear protective clothing or the population will need to keep testing themselves to ensure that they haven't got it but surely we can't sustain ourselves without food production, rubbish taken away instead of  leaving to tempt rats.  Surely, even if it lasts forever we will have to adept our lives around it and not let it control us?    
  • Bridget14
    Bridget14 Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Denise11 Do not worry the lockdown will not last forever. Many people as seen in the news the last few days especially are sadly losing their lives. The idea of the lockdown is to try to curb the spread which is working. Allowing the NHS to cope with those people unfortunate to have caught this horrible disease.
    Once new admissions and reported cases start to stabilise then the lockdown will be looked at and hopefully by the end of April - Mid May we should hopefully see some restrictions start to be lifted. People acting selfishly by not adhering to the restrictions in the first place and subsequently have not helped. 
    Food production is still carrying on, rubbish is still being collected (maybe not every week), as these are classed as key workers. 
  • deb74
    Hi @Denise11. Your friend is completely overreacting. Even in China where it all started has only been in lockdown for 6 weeks. The lockdown will probably only last until the end of May. We are still allowed to go shopping and exercise. 
  • deb74
    Hi @Bridget14. I don't know where you live but where I live having your bins emptied every week would be a miracle! I live in Wales and our bins only get emptied every 3 weeks.
  • Bridget14
    Bridget14 Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Morning deb74
    I live in West Midlands. 
    The council gave stopped all garden waste collections until further notice. 
    The recycling and Black bins collected fortnightly. 
    One recycling was missed out therefore collected once a month. So far black bins still being collected fortnightly.. Collections depend on staff able to work and conditions in which the workers travel whilst collecting. 
    Hope you keeping safe 
  • deb74
    Hi @Bridget14. I live in Wales and they changed our black bin collection to every 3 weeks 5 yrs ago. They are still collecting our recycling weekly at the moment but we don't have recycle bins just stack a boxes and small buckets for our food waste. They have never collected garden waste where I live. 
    Look after yourself.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    the longer people ignore the advice of social distancing/staying home...the more the virus will spread and that equals....LOCKDOWN
  • deb74
    I have just taken my dog for a walk in town and there are police walking around talking to people. Lets hope these idiots listen to the to what they are being told. there isn't much more that can be done to make them listen. Adverts on the tv and radio every 15 minutes. A letter from the prime minister police being given authority to arrest people. The stupidity of these people is beyond belief!!! 
  • Denise11
    Thanks Deb74
    I think after listening to Ian "It's forever" for weeks I just needed to hear some reassurance and you  did the trick.  Thank you.  Take care.   Denise11  
  • Denise11
    Thanks Deb74 and Bridget too
    I think after listening to Ian "It's forever" for weeks I just needed to hear some reassurance and you  did the trick.  Thank you.  Take care.   Denise11  

• deb74
    Hi @Denise11. I am glad you aren't panicking about things anymore!
  • davenich
    davenich Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi i know these are scary times for a worrerlike me but i do belive we can get though it if we pull togather

• Denise11
    Exactly davenich.  We are going to stamp this out

Brightness