Lockdown Extention - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lockdown Extention

Options
2»

Comments

• davenich
    davenich Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    i really do believe we will Denise11

• Bridget14
    Bridget14 Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Options
    Together we can pull together and come through. Thank goodness for this site.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    People, for goodness sake, quit panicking. Social distancing will only slow down the infection rate and once the lock-down is over those of us who haven't had it will likely get it because some carriers do not get ill and some who suffer and recover become carriers as well. Unless you are prepared to spend the rest of your life in isolation then expect to get the virus and take your chances like everyone else. Some people are susceptible to it and may become very ill but most will just get a milder reaction and get through fine, it all comes to to your genetic structure. It's all about Darwinism and survival of the fittest. It's what brought the human race to where it is now and it's only this daft idea of spending so much time, effort and money keeping people alive who would not have done so otherwise that has led to the weaknesses in the race now. We can look forward to more and more such things going wrong so long as we continue this policy of "life at any price".

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Topkitten said:
    Unless you are prepared to spend the rest of your life in isolation then expect to get the virus and take your chances like everyone else. 
    It's not the rest of your life...just long enough to get a vaccine sorted.  Probably 6 months or so.  

Although as I'm terrified of needles I'll just wait for the rest of you to get vaccinated and herd immunity to kick in! :D
  • Welli
    Welli Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Options
    They think a vaccine is more like 12 months away :).  Sorry to disappoint or worry folk but we have to be realistic here, we are dealing with a situation that has never been seen before at this magnitude and whilst it would be great to think we can discover a vaccine quickly, it is always best to do the job properly, rather than rush it.

I completely empathize with you with regards to needles :).  I can't even look at one in a book or TV!!!!! and I don't think herd immunity will work with me with my asthma condition :).  So perhaps, I say this extremely lightly, perhaps self isolation is probably going to be a long drawn out situation :)

Stay well, stay safe.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    They are experimenting with plasma from people who have had the virus and implanting it into people with the virus also they are testing drugs that are already used to treat other things and developing new drugs as well. We know we are in lockdown for at least 3 weeks yet so things will have to be taken 1 step at a time until it is all over. Which hopefully will be in the near future!
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    Does anyone else here understand that ALL vaccines now give people a milder version of the virus (like flu jabs) in order to build up internal immunities and fighting systems to resist any given virus. It's the main reason why HIV has never been stopped in the years of research done on it. Some viruses simply do not have milder versions. Apart from antibiotics (all 6 were discovered over 50 years ago) there are no quick fix vaccines. After all they cannot even find cures for many ongoing problems that have been around for decades (MS is a good example).

There is no point expecting a magical cure when no real way forward is available.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    it`s not forever...unless it gets you!
    Pollsx

Brightness