Raw truth — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Raw truth

Options
charlie79
charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
I heve realised thing disabiliatating me is raw truth. My uncle raped me and my family are middle class hiding a monster. This is what led to me making choices that I was gang raped any one out there understands

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,939 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @charlie79. I’m sorry to hear you’ve been through such an awful experience. Have you reported this incident to the police?

There will be many people out there who do understand and want to help, but it’s also really important you speak to someone trained and able to support you. Have you had a look at Survivors Trust (https://www.thesurvivorstrust.org/) or contacted Rape Crisis (0808 802 9999) at all about finding tools to cope?
    Obviously as a disability equality charity our gift lies in the daily lives of disabled people, but we would be willing to seek additional support for you by way of a social care referral. If this is something you’d like to discuss, please email community@scope.org.uk and we’ll start the ball rolling.

Are you getting much support at this time?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Bridget14
    Bridget14 Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Options
    charlie79 So sad to hear of the ordeals you have experienced to help you move forward you need to unburden yourself. You are the innocent person burdened by vile acts of others.
    Families sometimes try to keep face  rather than accept the truth within. Although this has not personally happened to me I know families were this has taken place and the family carry on including going to Churches. Talking the talk. This does not mean you should suffer any more.
    Please consider the action Adrian has recommended. Rape is rape and is a very serious crime. Relatives are known to rape children and if this is what happened to you doubly please seek help. 

Brightness