Covid concerns — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Covid concerns

Tesdl
Tesdl Community member Posts: 10 Connected
edited June 2020 in Coffee lounge
I don't know whether this has been covered elsewhere but I wondered whether Scope are campaigning for the human rights of disabled people to be upheld during the pandemic? I've heard that decisions about how worthwhile our lives are may have to be made if there are times when ventilators are in short supply. I know Dame Tanni Grey Thompson is involved in the campaign but are there are other movements getting involved? 
Tagged:

Comments

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I have spent years of being treated as a second class citizen whilst watching other people getting special treatment simply because they can either recover or at least have a productive effect on Society. Now we are suffering a government incited panic in order to take pressure of a heavily underfunded NHS just so that they will not be held to blame for the deaths caused by lack of equipment and staff. I cannot see this government giving a $$$$ what happens to anyone not productive if they have to start choosing who to save.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Tesdl
    I must admit that I have felt that the virus is doing this government's work for them. I was just wondering how many disability organisations were actively addressing this issue. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tesdl, just wanted to check in to see how you were doing. :)
    Scope

• Tesdl
    I'm fine thanks Chloe. I'm working from home as I'm a counsellor, I can do that online or on the phone, so physically that's easy. Emotionally though it is more difficult because there is no physical space between work and home and being a parent in this home schooling world. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    edited June 2020
    That sounds like hard work @Tesdl. While I do prefer working from home, that lack of distance is such a factor.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Tesdl said:
    I'm fine thanks Chloe. I'm working from home as I'm a counsellor, I can do that online or on the phone, so physically that's easy. Emotionally though it is more difficult because there is no physical space between work and home and being a parent in this home schooling world. 
    I imagine this can be really full on! Hope today is going okay. :)
    Scope

Brightness