Are they looking at PIP new claims? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are they looking at PIP new claims?

Options
sandyxxx
sandyxxx Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I applied for pip on the 17th feb over the phone. They sent a form out to me to fill in which I did,I returned it the same day. I received a text on the 2nd March saying thank you and that I might have to have a f2f assessment and that they would get back to me if I did. I haven’t heard anything else from them. I know with this coronavirus they have stopped all f2f  appointments but have they stopped looking at new claims for pip. Are they all just doing universal credit claims and putting all other claims to one side. It seems to me along time to wait.thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi @sandyxx -Welcome to the community. As you mention. all f2f assessments have been suspended until 20th of June including those for a new claim. This suspension may also be extended if needed. There's some info from the government about this. See: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/face-to-face-health-assessments-for-benefits-suspended-amid-coronavirus-outbreak
    From the above info it looks like some who are further along the PIP 'journey' may still have their new/review claim processed if they had an appointment actually scheduled, or have had an assessment already.
    So sadly it does look like this is going to take some time for you, I'm sorry.

• Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @sandyxxx -  Welcome to the community. It is great to have you with us. :smile: Face to Face assessments have stopped due to Coronavirus but for some arrangements are still being made for a telephone appointment. You may find this page useful https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/benefits-and-coronavirus/ They will be in touch I am sure it is unprecedented times, on so many fronts. Let us know how you get on

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sandyxxx and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm really sorry to hear about your lengthy wait for your PIP assessment and can imagine this is quite stressful for you.  It really is challenging times just now and unfortunately, as you already know the Coronavirus has had quite a big impact on a lot of things including the benefits process.  I hope you find the above information and links which @chiareds and @Abdi_Scope have provided to be helpful.  I wish you good luck with your assessment and please stay in touch and let us know how you get on.  If we can be of any further help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • sandyxxx
    sandyxxx Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Options
    Thanks all for the information you have gave me.i was diagnosed with wet macular degeneration and was advised to put in for pip but with the coronavirus I will have to be patient. I will let you all know the outcome l. Once again thank you xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.