Let's Chat - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Let's Chat

2»

Comments

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @66Mustang,
                                I can only agree with your family. Extremely funny! If you do choose to watch a couple of episodes please let me know your thoughts on it. Thank you. 
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Well..My favour is a big question.  One of my favourites goes back to when I first started watching. Way back to the 70s with Jon Pertwee as he was the first Dr I saw. Of the latest bunch, David Tennant was excellent and Matt Smith was good.  The latest one (Jodie Whittaker) is ok and could be great but I feel some of the stories have let her down.  She has had some unwarranted complaints. I hope she carries on.  What is it you like about Last tango in Halifax? I know it is amusing but do you like comedy? Comedy Drama? Or what. I have seen Anne Reid in Dinnerladies which was very funny and going back even further I have seen a few episodes of I Claudius with Derrick Jacobi...... What else do you like? 

Hi @AndyGT
                         I often find when we watch something for the first time the actors which are in it are the ones we remember. I usually find that when they make a remake of a particular film, the original almost always remains my favourite. I must admit David Tennant is receiving some positive feedback as a very good Dr. It is a shame Jodie Whittaker has not had the storylines as I know when she was in Broadchurch she was really good, though obviously there is a huge contrast between Dr Who and Broadchurch. I am a big fan of comedy, I enjoy Only Fools and Horses, Steptoe and Son, On the Buses, Dinnerladies as you mentioned is very funny.  I think though there is also some really poignant messages within all of the series of Last Tango in Halifax, and these messages are beautifully written. All four of the main characters are played by four excellent actors and actresses, with a great supporting cast. I like The Spilt on the BBC and Unforgotten on ITV both of which have Nicola Walker in them. I think Nicola Walker is a brilliantly natural actress, who has gone under the radar.  I also am currently enjoying Liar and Belgravia on ITV as well as Our Girl which is on the BBC. What do you enjoy watching? Thank you. 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    I tend to prefer Christian films. One of my favorite films is I can only imagine which I watched last year. I have also watched an Interview with God too. I love to watch Christian movies online or on Netflix as you have a rare opportunity to discuss life lessons and key spiritual message of the film as well. What could be better? 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Has anyone watched Game of Thrones? I finished it not too long ago and really liked it!

Even if the last season was drawn out...
    Scope

• AndyGT
    AndyGT Community member Posts: 736 Pioneering
    I have watched a few episodes, is it as good as they say?  If so....
     What makes it good? 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I think the early seasons of Game of Thrones were full of rich characters and the story was incredibly intricate and tightly plotted (the books are fantastic!) but in the latter seasons, the TV show outran the plot of the books and was noticeably weaker. Definitely worth a watch, if you can temper your expectations for the final two seasons.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • AndyGT
    That happens with many  series that the latter episodes are not as good as earlier ones. Or it may be the other way round and they sometimes take a little getting into..... What about the cinema ? What are the films or types of film.of choice..... ? I loved the first Star Wars movie. It was a great movie in it's own right but it was the first really big budget blockbuster I can remember seeing and it just blew me away.  I can still remember I was on a School Trip to Guernsey for a week and we were taken to see it one afternoon.  It was amazing.  A cinematic moment that I wont ever forget..

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    I'm a bit of a Star Wars fan. I wasn't able to see the latest one which was a disappointment and I doubt it'll be as 'big' on our knackered out TV. Seeing Star Wars on a school trip though? That's pretty special. I think the most impressive movie I saw in cinemas was Dunkirk. We saw it in IMAX and it was a really unique experience. No matter how you might feel about the film, it was certainly something on such a big screen. Never went to the cinema with school though.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • AndyGT
    I went to a Catholic school and I know they have a bad press but I can't really complain about mine. It was a very surreal moment.  We had been well behaved so we were taken to a small cinema on the island.  There was this row of screaming kids giving Darth Vader a boo and cheating Luke Skywalker etc. We were loving it.  Being a church school it was managed by a couple of Nuns.  One sat at either end of us and who also cheared Skywalker et al......
  • AndyGT
    A couple of years after the trip to Guernsey I went on another school trip. This time we were  about 12 years old and it was to The Loire valley in France.  Again the same two Nuns ran it. Whilst we were away they took us wine tasting at a vineyard.  We all lined up with two small plastic glasses. We could have a small amount each of red and wine then we had to stand to one side.  When each of the Nuns had their wine they went to the back of the queue and lined up again. It was a great trip.....??
  • Chloe_Scope
    Sounds like you had some eventful school trips @AndyGT!
    Scope

• AndyGT
    Trust me this isn't the half of it. I may bore you with some of the other stories one day...  All I will add is that we all enjoyed ourselves. I know church schools get a bad press these days and quite rightly in some cases.  For me though I can't really fault it.  It could be strict but never too strict and I have never heard of anything untoward.... 
  • Chloe_Scope
    I'm glad it worked for you @AndyGT! Sounds like you could write a book about your adventures!
    Scope

Brightness