Will they phone me and do claim over phone? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will they phone me and do claim over phone?

sarere69
sarere69 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
last heard from dwp with letter dated 28feb and a text to say I should hear from them within 6 wks which is about Tuesday this week, not heard a thing, I know face to face assessments have been suspended, but its been 27wks since I rang up to make a claim, not entitled to universal credit,or new style esa and my sick pay ran out 7th march, getting worried now, do you think my claim is put to one side now for 3mths or would they phone me and do claim over phone to complete it, thanks in advance
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

If you haven't yet had an assessment they will have 3 choices. Paper based assessment, phone assessment or they wait until the suspension has been lifted, if it's a first time claim.

Under normal circumstances a claim could take at least several months but these aren't normal circumstances. I know it's frustrating but all you can do is wait.

You say you're not entitled to New style ESA. I'm assuming it's because you haven't paid enough NI Contributions in tax years April 2017 to March 2019?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sarere69 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. At the moment  assessments are mainly being done by phone as you suggested (unless they can be paper-based). I hope it's not too much longer until you hear when you'll get yours.
    I'm sorry this is such a worrying time for you but the community is here to help & support you in any way we can. Please do talk here any time. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @sarere69, how are you doing?
    Scope

• sarere69
    thankyou for welcoming me and am ok, just don't know whats happening to my claim, know the face to faces have been suspended, not that I had one scheduled but I was hoping to hear from them any day as last text had from dwp was to say they would contact me within 6 wks, which was up Tuesday just gone, heard nothing, do you think they will do my claim over the phone or just get back to me in 3 mths, thanks .Samantha
  • poppy123456
    sarere69 said:
    thankyou for welcoming me and am ok, just don't know whats happening to my claim, know the face to faces have been suspended, not that I had one scheduled but I was hoping to hear from them any day as last text had from dwp was to say they would contact me within 6 wks, which was up Tuesday just gone, heard nothing, do you think they will do my claim over the phone or just get back to me in 3 mths, thanks .Samantha

Hi,

The timescale they told you is nothing more than a guide. As all face to face assessments have been suspended for at least 3 months then it will either be a paper based assessment, a phone call, video call or they will wait.

Backlogs will have also increased massively now and all you can do is wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sarere69
    hi, filled form out for pip in November, never had face to face assessment but had letter today and got standard rate for daily living and mobility, tho a few other health issues which I think I need to update them on but im pleased I got something can worry a little less now thanks x
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @sarere69. It's good to hear you were successfully awarded and it's helped ease some of your worries. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sarere69
    thank you Adrian, yes bit less worrying time for me now, hope everyone gets the help they need too, thanks regards Samantha
  • sarere69
    Hiya, the week i was awarded PIP, i wrote to them again saying i needed more help with mobility, sent new xray results for other foot and hip,and a bit more info on things i couldnt do anymore,  they said i would hear back within 10 wks, it was about 8wks, and they gave me the enhanced rate of mobility, and said they may still owe me money for backpay, my first new payment with enhanced is due tomorrow but not heard anything about backpay, i thought this would go in before the regular mthly amount, um so happy tho as sick pay ran out from work in March, and i first claimed PIP in Sept 2019, i wasnt even going to go for extra help as didnt think i would get it, but they can only say yes or no, at least i get something, regards Sarere x
  • poppy123456
    When reporting a change of circumstances for a worsening of condition, the 3 month rule applies. This means you will need to have seen the worsening of condition for at least 3 months. This maybe the issue here and they may not owe you any backdated money. Either way, you'll need to ring DWP to ask.
  • sarere69
    thanks for reply,  i will ring them tomorrow xregards Samantha

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.