How's everyone holding up — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How's everyone holding up

Firefly123
Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
edited April 2020 in Coffee lounge
Hi how's everyone holding up. I'm finding the days seem to be blending together. My young adults are out of sorts as so many changes to their routines. Just taking each day as it comes x
Meant to post this in the coffee lounge. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Firefly123, thank you for checking in with everyone. I too am finding that days are blurring into one.

For me routine has been key. How are you doing today?
    Scope

• Firefly123
    @Chloe_Scope I'm just taking each day as it comes. My young adults are not dealing so well all stuck at home together with no routines it only takes one to set all 3 off. 
    I think it's going to last a long. While yet so just need to get through how we can x
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Not happy.
    My family’s medical appointments have all been cancelled. One child was booked for a speaking valve evaluation appointment to see if it would work or not. She was scheduled for her routine vaccinations and another assessment appointment with a local zero to nineteen team for my area. I had also pushed for a Portage initial appointment for her as I know that she will need lots of intervention and therapy. Cancelled.  
    And DS had a spina bifida clinic day appointment with his care team too, also cancelled. This is the very important one when I meet a bunch of doctors and consultants and discuss the future as well.
    We also typically make some long term plans and then they order any essential equipment on his behalf. His urologist also does a urodynamic test to see what his bladder is doing. I also see the hospital therapists and we carefully evaluate his overall development and progress. That annual appointment was tomorrow. I had some other non routine appointments in addition. Again I was told they had postponed them or cancelled altogether. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    @Chloe_Scope I'm just taking each day as it comes. My young adults are not dealing so well all stuck at home together with no routines it only takes one to set all 3 off. 
    I think it's going to last a long. While yet so just need to get through how we can x
    I can imagine it can have a big impact on everyone in the house. I hope you have a good day and can keep preoccupied. 
    Scope

• Firefly123
    Some days are better than others. Today was a quieter one.Even the dogs are like why are you's all still here ? 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2020
    Hello @Firefly123   Sorry to hear that your suffering.

On my own every day so days do blur means some humorous times.

Is this Saturday or Sunday have to check diary.

Had when a car went out thought roads very quiet and shopping bought a lot.

Came home switched on TV where's my programme realised was Sunday . Bought the same shopping tins and produce as well.

Turned up for appointment early and a day early.

Learnt this so use diary have no senior moments.

Ideas for you all.

Make and create food sauces and for freezer. Together helps makes things such as Beef burgers, Meatballs and do an assembly line.

Other ones are Pancakes the older children young adults do cooking classes minor skills all young adults should know basic cooking lessons and skills.

How to make simple sauces offer to supervise all times say make us evening meal or lunch does help.

Can help ask me happy to do so, does help self esteem . Recipes and anything like that.

I used to have Italian friends all the children making Meatballs and sauces young sort of age learning to bake making simple Pastas and meals.

I used to have friends children to care for while Mothers at work did a lot of routines and plans to keep them occupied.

Do a rota of routines task such as house work chores and offer rewards incentives.

Puzzles books Arrow words Word Searches help.

Music therapy dancing and keeping fit does not have to be hard, stretches and Tai Chi help me mornings.

Crafts and art classes lots of time together use board games or learn teach them chess.

Lots of my time being here.  Using forum helps.

Always here to chat talk how can I help many times a day a week, so please if I can be a shoulder please do.

To reassure you not alone many members of our communities and families suffering.

We need to be patient tolerant and kind to each other.

Any problems happy to be supportive.

Please take care, safe and keep in touch.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Firefly123
    Thank you @thespiceman some very good idea:s.

I managed to get a few pancake mixes ect and one is addicted to cookies ? has a real problem if he doesn't have any so we made some..
    Now only if I could make chicken nuggets like mcdonald's. 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Firefly123 You can bake them Chicken Nuggets whatever part of the Chicken that is lol..

Did not know Chicken had nuggets?

Looking for take out easy meals children adults have lots , contact me lot healthily easy freezer friendly and make them together.

Chicken Nuggets this one do .

For you a recipe little introduction to mild spices.

Need Chicken Breast diced used 500g pack.

Natural Yoghurt 150 ml.  or Greek.

Breadcrumbs 100g 

Tikka Masala paste  3tbsp

Onion Garlic Powder.

METHOD

Chicken to a bowl with curry paste and yoghurts coat cover two hours plus fridge.

Blitz up bread food processor any to make breadcrumb season Onion Garlic Powder.  To taste.

Oven 200 plus heat up. Cover Chicken in to Bread Crumbs coat on  to baking sheet oiled .

Cooked till crispy.

For twenty minutes. adjust timings.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Firefly123
    Thank you @thespiceman
    I hope you are keeping well x
  • thespiceman
    Hello @Firefly123   Thank you for kind words . Coping OK what is important is you and the family or loved ones.

Not me the members like yourself come first I always thoughts thinking of those in my heart and prayers.

I live on my own used to it but do have mental health with any of it and learnt to adapt.

Those who of our community struggling may be having symptoms of anxiety so please if you think you may need some advice.

Contact me.

Happy to offer advice, help and information.

One other being with any families strains and stress can occur so please ask me ways to deal or cope with.

We all in this together and as a community we need to be patient tolerant and kind to each other.

Here for recipes well being and health friendly advice chat talk ask me anything .

Part of our role as Community Champion. Pleasure to help tag me in.

Please take care and safe .

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Firefly123
    Hi @thespiceman you do matter and are as important as anyone in the community.

Some days can be more stressful than others. We just have to get though it as best we can ☺ x
  • April2018mom
    I will admit that I have been struggling emotionally. I am a sociable person by nature. How is everyone this week? 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Some days are better than others. Today was a quieter one.Even the dogs are like why are you's all still here ? 
    My dogs have been loving it @Firefly123!! More snuggles and attention!  :D

I will admit that I have been struggling emotionally. I am a sociable person by nature. How is everyone this week? 
    Sorry you've been struggling this week. I've been really tired so have been watching films on an evening and relaxing. How are you doing @April2018mom?
    Scope

• Firefly123
    Hi, @April2018mom sorry to hear your struggling it does get a bit emotional. Virtual hugs.
    @Chloe_Scope it is rather tiring doing not a lot the days just blend together.

Stay safe ladies x
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,568 Disability Gamechanger
    I have heard before that not doing a lot actually makes you more tired. I tend to agree with that!
  • Firefly123
    It feels like it to me I need to try and be a bit more active. As my muscles are so painful at times I can't move but they seem to ease with the weather. 
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    I have had that dreaded virus and have been having an ME relapse for the last 7 days I am hoping it won't last much longer. I am getting fed up with it!
  • Firefly123
    So sorry to hear that @deb74 wishing you a speedy recovery. x
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Feeling a bit better today. I managed to take the dog for a decent walk this morning and I am hoping that the relapse is coming to an end!
  • April2018mom
    Feeling hopeful about this lockdown now. I heard someone on the radio this afternoon (wholly unconfirmed reports) say that they are considering easing up on some of the restrictions. Who knows what will occur though? 

Brightness