Mental illness — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mental illness

Options
j4ff4
j4ff4 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Hi I'm john i suffer from multiple personality disorder and aspergers and anxiety and panic attacks with chronic depression lifes hard most days the lock down is driving me insane I need to reach out which is funny because my social anxiety usually makes me hate people but now I need some connection to someone that sounds needy and sad but I do ... feel free to say hi 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @j4ff4. This whole situation is really tough isn't it?
    I'm sorry you're struggling at the moment, but you're more than welcome here. I spotted your artwork in another thread. You certainly have some talent! Do you have any other creative outlets?

If it helps, we have an article here about how to look after your mental health in lockdown that you're very welcome to read!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • j4ff4
    j4ff4 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope Thank you and I like to make things from wood like benches and sheds and decking I like working with my hands I bake with my daughter I have lots of ways my creativity comes out but the drawing helps with my mental health 
  • squeak
    squeak Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi I am Carol have complex ed mental health issues and disabled as had spinal injury last May which left me wheelchair 24/7.  
    Similar to John I suffer with anxiety and normally avoid people but covid-19 is making me feel very isolated and low mood.  Am doing a couple of online courses to keep me occupied and trying to stay focused but days long and not sleeping very well does not help.
    But upwards and onward as they say.  A big HELLO to EVERYONE. Squeak (Carol)

Brightness