Don't understand why it's only 3 months? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Don't understand why it's only 3 months?

Options
Pamelaf84
Pamelaf84 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So I got my award letter today and I've passed but only until 6 June 2020, don't understand why it's only for 3 months? I had my face to face in February. Does this mean I'll need to go for another face to face when this is all over I'm so confused 

Comments

• EricaMcD
    EricaMcD Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Options
    Hi, I have not heard of just a short time to receive it.  I hope some other online community members help.  Good luck.
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Pamelaf84 - Welcome to the community, it’s good to have you here. :smile:  I can see you are talking about benefits - have a look at the benefits board here please and you might see one that relates directly to your issue. I am sure you will get a response from our many members and also the scope team. Do let me know how you get along.
  • Pamelaf84
    Options
    I'm thinking it maybe an extension with everything going on n maybe not came to a decision as my claim finished on the 11th so probably put a 3 month extension onto it til they come to a decision 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Pamelaf84 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Maybe you could give DWP a call to clarify things with them.  Their customer service number is 0800 055 6688.  I hope you find the answer to your question anyway.  Please let us know how you get on.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Pamelaf84 - Welcome to the community from me too. I hope you get your query answered by the DWP, & will let us know, as Abdi & Ails have already asked. People's experiences with benefits during this pandemic help us all learn how things are working at the moment, thank you. :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Its almost certainly an extension to a benefit you are already getting, probably PIP?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    is it a review or a new claim?
  • Pamelaf84
    Options
    It was a review, been on PIP for 4 years 
  • Pamelaf84
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @Username_removed y would you need to know the health condition?? Not being cheeky but that's nobody's business 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.