PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

PIP Mandatory reconsideration just on some descriptors.

rbzrbz Member Posts: 96 Courageous
Is it possible to place PIP Mandatory reconsideration only for 1or 2 descriptors (not for whole claim)?
PIP Assessment report show 16 points on Daily and 14 points on Mobility.
Under Daily I not awarded points for Dresss/Undress and Engaging with others face to face. I believe that I must be awarded 2 points for each of these descriptors.
I understand that these extra 4 points not improve my entitlement, but I think there must be points for  Dresss/Undress and Engaging with others face to face, because they did not take into account some important details.

Replies

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,394 Disability Gamechanger
    @rbz, hello and welcome, as you posted appealing will not enhance your award. We would you want to rock the boat just to get some personal satisfaction of getting an improvement in an already enhanced award in both categories. Leave well alone and enjoy your hopefully long award. 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 7,085 Disability Gamechanger
    You have started multiple threads on your claim and challenge and whilst I understand the anxiety it just makes it more and more complex to deal with every point you raise.

Yes, it has always been possible to challenge on the basis of one or more activities and the advice if doing that would always be to get face to face before doing anything. However, as your starting point is that any extra points would not impact your award then it's going nowhere fast. 

Once you have sufficient points to receive an award then, if it's known extra points would not make a difference, then neither DWP nor a tribunal are obliged to go any further. 

If, for example, a tribunal could score you 8 points easily then even if 3 more were available they would not consider them because they don't impact the award. The decision making role is not to give you all the points regardless. It is to assess entitlement. 

You are currently entitled. By your own admission you're not going to be entitled to any more so that really is the end of the matter. Your proposal is a dead duck as they say. 

• Firefly123Firefly123 Member Posts: 525 Pioneering
    You have the highest award so it would make no difference. 
  • rbzrbz Member Posts: 96 Courageous
    @mikehughescq
    Yes, I started multiple treats, because there 2 different PIP claims:
    November 2018 - awarded 0 points and this claim ready to go for Upper Tribunal.
    Second claim dated October 2019 - health condition  same like 2018 just I recorded PIP assessment - awarded enhanced rate for Daily and Mobility.

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 7,085 Disability Gamechanger
    There may be two claims but there are more than two threads. Nothing else to add now beyond my last comment. 
Sign in or join us to comment.