Rapid turnaround on PIP assessment report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Rapid turnaround on PIP assessment report

FairHairedFoodie
FairHairedFoodie Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Alright, so something a bit unusual occurred this morning. My telephone assessment was yesterday at 9:15 am. This morning at 9:01am I receive the following text:

We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 6 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.

I rang the DWP as soon as I received the text, and after a 24-minute hold an agent answered. I said I’d received a text and would like a copy of the assessors report. She said that was fine, then click-clack-and typed away, and finally said, “There it is...”, and then, “All right, I’ve printed that up and it will be popped in the post today.”

So apparently, for whatever reason, the DWP got my assessment report back less than 24-hours after the telephone assessment, and have agreed to send it to me today. Regardless of the outcome (which I cannot speculate on at all), at least I’ll have some insight sooner rather than later.

This is my current timeline:

Nov 29 2019 Called for initial phone interview
Dec 5 2019 Received paper application
Jan 3 2020 Mailed paper application and supporting documentation back
Jan 9 2020 Received text from DWP acknowledging receipt of the above
Apr 15 2020 Received text message from IAS for telephone interview/consultation, IAS interview/consultation scheduled for April 20 2020
Apr 20 2020 IAS assessor called at the appointed time, however, this went south quickly as the assessor stated she could not identify me

Apr 20 2020 I called IAS back and lodged a formal complaint, and an IAS manager rang 3-hours later with an apology. The assessment was rescheduled for the next morning with a different assessor.

Apr 21 2020 Telephone assessment completed, which took 52-minutes.

April 22 2020 Received text message that DWP received the written assessment. Called DWP and was told a copy of it would be posted to me today.

The link to my prior thread with my full PIP journey is here.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Thanks for updating us with your timeline @FairHairedFoodie. It's good to hear they received the report so quickly and I hope it's now arrived with you?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • FairHairedFoodie
    edited April 2020
    Hi @Adrian_Scope,

I rang DWP today because I still hadn't received the assessment report posted to me last week. They are resending it but, surprisingly, they said a decision had already been made yesterday.

This means that a decision was made only 5 working days after the assessment. I do not know where the points fall, but was awarded standard for daily living and nothing for mobility. I will likely proceed with a mandatory reconsideration for enhanced on the daily living (and will continue to update here as it all carries out). I intend to hire representation as I simply cannot manage this on my own.

Once I have a breakdown of the points I'll also update, but as of today here is my current timeline:

Nov 29 2019 Called for initial phone interview
    Dec 5 2019 Received paper application
    Jan 3 2020 Mailed paper application and supporting documentation back
    Jan 9 2020 Received text from DWP acknowledging receipt of the above
    Apr 15 2020 Received text message from IAS for telephone interview/consultation, IAS interview/consultation scheduled for April 20 2020
    Apr 20 2020 IAS assessor called at the appointed time, however, this went south quickly as the assessor stated she could not identify me
    Apr 20 2020 I called IAS back and lodged a formal complaint, and an IAS manager rang 3-hours later with an apology. The assessment was rescheduled for the next morning with a different assessor.
    Apr 21 2020 Telephone assessment completed, which took 52-minutes.
    April 22 2020 Received text message that DWP received the written assessment. Called DWP and was told a copy of it would be posted to me today.

April 29, 2020 Rang DWP as the assessment report had not been received and was told a decision had already been made on April 28, 2020. Over the phone I was told an award of standard daily was given and I should receive a letter shortly. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi the assessors report was probably faxed or emailed to the DWP, is this a renewal or first time claim for PIP?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• FairHairedFoodie
    @woodbine

First time. From telephone assessment to DWP decision it was 5 working days.
  • FairHairedFoodie
    @Username_removed

I mean, there’s always the possibility that the assessor was sending it from the year 1996... 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.