Myasthenia gravis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Myasthenia gravis

Options
littlechef
littlechef Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
edited April 2020 in Coffee lounge
Hello I'm now on hear and was wondering if anyone suffers from myasthenia gravis I would love to have a chat. 

Comments

• Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hi @littlechef, I don't have myasthenia gravis but just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum  :)

Please feel free to introduce yourself here.

Han
  • littlechef
    Options
    @Hon
    Thank you for your welcome to the forum I'm pleased to meet you hope we can catch up soon .
    Stay safe my friend .
  • littlechef
    Options
    @Han_.
    Thank you for your welcome to the forum I'm pleased to meet you hope we can catch up soon.
    Stay safe my friend .
  • Han_
    Options
    @Han_.
    Thank you for your welcome to the forum I'm pleased to meet you hope we can catch up soon.
    Stay safe my friend .
    Hi! Pleased to meet you too and thank you, I hope you stay safe too.
  • littlechef
    Options
    @Han_.
    Hello again Myasthenia Gravis is rare conditions it effects your muscles eyes and breathing you could end up in a wheelchair and if breathing gets to bad it's call a crisis and you need hospital treatment urgently . 
    Keep your self safe look forward to chatting soon .Take care 
  • Han_
    Options
    @littlechef thank you for explaining that to me. How are you feeling with the current covid-19 situation? 
  • littlechef
    Options
    @Han_
    Been in self  isolation for 5 wks and going for small walks but received a call last week from doctors telling me I'm at a very high risk so can no longer go out only in my back garden, but I'm doing my best to stay safe, how are you feeling and coping with this situation it's not nice will be glad when it's all over. Stay safe. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @littlechef, lovely to meet you. I hope you are doing okay in lockdown. :)
    Scope

• littlechef
    Options
    @Chloe_Scope
    Hello dear friend how are you copping with this lockdown are you in self isolate or have you been put in shielding , it's difficult times for us us all ,the only thing we can do is stay safe .I'm having some breathing problems but told need to see my neurologist who should be calling me next week.fingers crossed .
    Hope you are well please stay safe .
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope your appointment goes okay next week @littlechef! Stay safe. :)

Scope

• Han_
    Options
    @Han_
    Been in self  isolation for 5 wks and going for small walks but received a call last week from doctors telling me I'm at a very high risk so can no longer go out only in my back garden, but I'm doing my best to stay safe, how are you feeling and coping with this situation it's not nice will be glad when it's all over. Stay safe. 
    I'm glad you're able to stay safe and that you have a back garden also. I hope your appointment with your neurologist goes well. 

I am also mainly staying at home, going for walks occassionally. Thanks for asking!
  • Han_
    Options
    Hi @littlechef, how are you doing? 
  • Jo07387
    Jo07387 Scope Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hello I’m new here. I wondered if anyone has been admitted urgently for MG swallowing problems.  Thus far my MG has been only occurs.  I’ve had 5 days IVIG treatment and have been an inpatient for 9 days now. I had a minor op under general anaesthetic 11 days ago and have 5 other autoimmune conditions. Any comments/ advice  appreciated. Thanks
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Jo07387 :) Thank you for joining us! 

This post is a few years old now, but I hope that someone with a similar experience to you will see and respond to your comment soon.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unwell. How are you finding the IVIG treatment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Jo07387
    Jo07387 Scope Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi Tori  The ivig worked very quickly for me and I now feel back to normal almost. No side effect from infusions apart from headache.  NHS were fantastic and started treatment as soon as I arrived in A&E. though still waiting to be assessed before discharge. Thanks for forwarding the attached
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's good to hear @Jo07387 :) Do you know how long it might be until you can have the assessment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness