How's everyone holding up - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How's everyone holding up

Options

Comments

• Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    @deb74 glad to hear you're feeling better ☺ 

@April2018mom I don't think they will while our death toll is so high. I would love to get out the house some day soon. Its definitely a very trying time for us all... Half the time I don't even know what day it is ☺ 
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
  • Firefly123
    Options
    Getting cabin fever as been so long since I've been out and be a good while yet but our health is more important and staying safe ☺ 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    How is everyone? 

@Deb74 are you managing okay? Sorry to hear about your flare up.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Brumboy68
    Brumboy68 Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
    Options
    I've only just joined so I'm a newbie. I'm used to being out and about shopping using public transport. So boring having to stay in. How many box sets can you really watch. Been trying to sort wardrobes out and found a box of videos of auf wiesdesehen pet full series videos who remembers them . What a fab series that was. Apologies to anyone under forty five who won't have a clue what I'm in about. Goggke if you don't . One of the funniest series ever. Shame I don't have the video player anymore.

• Firefly123
    Options
    Hi @Brumboy68 welcome. Ah yes I remember that show it was funny. I also had a few uncles that worked abroad on construction sites. Always reminded me of them. Yes  this not allowed out at all and having young adults tell me all day long how boring it is. ☺ 
  • Brumboy68
    Brumboy68 Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
    Options
    Safer indoors anyway if I fit the last place I want to end up is in hospital under the current circumstances. You can understand why there are only a few people attending a and e  because they are too scared too go.

• Firefly123
    Options
    Yes that's true I'm high risk so definitely the hospital is the last place I want to be. 
    We all just have to ride it out as best we can. 
  • deb74
    Options
    Hi Adrian_Scope. I feel a lot better today thanks!
  • myztogen
    myztogen Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Options
    I found life alot easier when the sun ? was out.  I find when its dark and rainy, my pain increases.  As has been said, its difficult to remember what day it is as every day blends into one.  
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    I hope the weather's a bit brighter where you are today @myztogen. While working helps me keep some structure to the day itself, I can definitely relate to the feeling of the week as a whole blending into one.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How's everyone today? :)
    Scope

• myztogen
    Options
    Life is ok.  I'm experiencing a fair amount of pain which is a very lonely trip.  I have my twin brother and nieces who look after and help me.  Thank you for asking.  I hope you and everyone else are well ?.  X
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are in pain @myztogen. It's never nice to be in pain. Is there anything that you find helps? Glad to hear you have that support. :)

Here is a thread about managing pain during lockdown which you might find helpful.
    Scope

• myztogen
    Options
    Thank you.  I appreciate your support x
  • Firefly123
    Options
    Got 3 of us not well at the moment just a throat infections but it's rather exhausting. x
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to read that @Firefly123. You are in my prayers. 
  • deb74
    Options
    Hi everyone. Two weeks after it started that damn ME relapse is finally over!!! 
  • myztogen
    Options
    I had a bad night with pain last night.  I have been up since 4am.  My pain exists around my Above knee amputation.  ( I am an ex Royal Marine).  In addition to my leg I cannot use all my right hand, and have lower back pain.  I take Fentanyl as well as other pain meds,which create their own problems.  Although I have my twin brother and nieces who live with me, its a very lonely trip.
  • neuromum4
    neuromum4 Community member Posts: 71 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi everyone, seems many of us are having a bit difficult time right now.
    Battling poor health, family and everything else.
    I myself have been have a rough few days ended up in A &E with chest pain and breathlessness.
    I am home now. My neurological symptoms are up and down and I have been in bed for 2 days with pain and numbness.
    My children however have taken over (eldest 2) to allow me to rest bless them. The little ones come and lay with me and we talk.
    Being in bed not able to move and being housebound is normal for me.
    The little children are very worried about covid 19 and I have reassured them.
    I think the children have been great in all this. ?

Brightness