Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

kelly21
kelly21 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited April 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I put in for pip back in November and I’m still wait to hear from them... but now there know face to face appointment... dose it mean my claim will be  cancel

Comments

• Loufrog
    Loufrog Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    No idea, can you email them?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It will either be a paper based assessment, telephone call, video call or they will wait until the face to face assessments are back up and running again. All you can do is wait. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-update-benefit-reviews-and-reassessments-suspended

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • odete21
    odete21 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi there, it was the some for me, I just had my assessment over the phone last week. They have cancelled all face to face and are calling to do it over the phone. Hope it helps
  • anisty
    anisty Community member Posts: 354 Pioneering
    That seems a long time. Did you check they receieved your application?

I put in for pip on behalf of my son in january this year and a paper based assessment was done in march. He is a dla to pip transfer which might have a different time scale.

If you have had a text to say they have your form, then you can rest easy and wait.

If not, i would check they have actually received it.
  • dynasty30
    dynasty30 Community member Posts: 88 Courageous
    I started my phone claim for pip on the 13th of January and got a text today saying to phone the number and arrange the phone assessment which I’ve done and it’s taking place on Monday the 11th of May 
  • irishman
    irishman Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    dynasty30 said:
    I started my phone claim for pip on the 13th of January and got a text today saying to phone the number and arrange the phone assessment which I’ve done and it’s taking place on Monday the 11th of May 
    Best of luck on you're phone assessment, i hope it works out good for you :smile:
    Make sure and let us know how you get on!

Best wishes 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.