How to convince them I am really in pain? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How to convince them I am really in pain?

Options
Daljitg
Daljitg Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi i had my both hips replacement surgery done 10years ago but it didn't work good and I started to have pain there year after surgery and now it is bad I can't even walk without crutches and hardly 10 to 20 meter but nothing is shown in scan so  DWP think me lier and health assessment team declared that I am fit for work.plz some one help me what to do.my life was already **** and they made it hell I feel like dying. Please advise me how to convince them that I am really in pain . don't understand how so many people fakeing but they get all and I'm suffering my kids suffering because of my health but they don't care and ask strange question and decided fit for work.
Thanks

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Daljitg - Welcome to the community. I'm sorry your hip replacement surgery was unsuccessful, & for the difficulties that's left you facing. It's only yourself that can describe your pain, but you might say where it is, when it affects you, what it may limit you doing, how you feel after you've attempted something, what is the nature of your pain, how often on average do you experience it, etc.
    You can ask for the decision to be looked at again, which is a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR). You have 1 month from the date of your decision letter to apply for this. Unfortunately less than 1 in 5 MRs are successful, but you have to go through this before you can appeal to a tribunal, where the outcomes are much more positive.
    If you have any questions, there's usually someone here able to advise.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Daljitg and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain after your hip replacement surgery.  I can relate to this as I had my left hip replaced in 2015 and this was unsuccessful from the point of view that it has left me in more pain and with less mobility than I had before so I can completely understand your frustration around this.  Have you thought about attending a Pain Clinic for your pain?  Your GP can refer you to one of these, obviously when the lock-down has ceased.

You have been given really good information above by @chiarieds regarding Mandatory Reconsideration, so I hope you have found this helpful and I wish you well with this.  Please stay in touch and let us know how you are getting on.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:

Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Agree that comments about people faking it are unhelpful and uncalled for, do you have any written evidence? are you taking pain killers? do you use a walking stick or other aid? I assume from what you said that you applied for ESA? have you applied for PIP and been refused?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Daljitg and welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear you haven't been believed, this must be incredibly frustrating.

How are you doing today? 
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.