Hi, Hope someone can help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, Hope someone can help

yvonnedeery
yvonnedeery Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I am currently waiting on a reply from my uc50 form. I was on jobseekers and have handed in sick notes from august I handed in my 13weeks sicknotes and was told I couldn’t had in anymore and had to apply for universal credit to get the sick element as I can’t apply for the old sick as all new claims have to go through universal credit. I moved to universal credit in November and waiting on my uc50 form i waited to March for this. I also handed in another sick note which ran me to April so they have had sicknotes from august to April for me. I am just wondering if I get accepted to me able to claim sick under universal credit when will my claim get back dated from. I have asked advisor with no help. Should I not of received uc50 straight away as I had to go on universal credit due to long period of sickness and I already had all my sick notes in? Sorry for the long question it’s just really frustrating me.. thank u in advance to anyone that can help x

Comments

• fayet27
    fayet27 Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    I can't really help but I know @Adrian_Scope is a good one for help ? good luck 
  • Brightsidebecs
    Brightsidebecs Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 88 Pioneering
    I cant really help but @Adrian_Scope @Adam_Scope @Chloe_Scope @thespiceman will be able to give you greater advice or be able to point you in the direction of people that can help. Good luck.
    Rebecca 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Hi @yvonnedeery,
    I'm so sorry, I thought I'd replied to this.
    The wait period should apply for the time you're on JSA handing in fit notes too. It's called an 'extended period of sickness'. But it only applies if you claimed UC immediately, with no gaps.
    You may need to argue this with them as it's not widely known but as long as your first day claiming UC was the day after your last day of JSA, so there were no breaks between the claims, your period of sickness on JSA counts towards the wait period.

Hope that helps,
    Adrian
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.