Hi, my name is Timthehippy! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Timthehippy!

Timthehippy
Timthehippy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hello everyone ,my name ts Tim,I'm disabled and live in Cornwall with my little dog.My friend recommended joining so I am new to the site .

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Timthehippy and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  Glad your friend found us and recommended that you join.  It's great to have you on board!  Cornwall seems a lovely part of the world, although I have never been.  What is your dog's name?  I hope you have been managing to enjoy some of the lovely weather we have been having lately.  

You will find this to be a really friendly and supportive forum made up of lovely people.  Feel free to look around the site and join in any discussions that you find interesting as we talk about various subjects such as our pets, hobbies, books, movies, etc.  We like to have a good chat on here so please feel free to chat to us anytime.  A good place to start is our virtual Coffee Lounge where we have some fun games too.  I hope you enjoy being with us anyway and find the forum to be a useful place to be.  If we can be of any help or support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Timthehippy
    Timthehippy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you @Ails for the warm and lovely welcome.I can honestly say its the best welcome I have received on joining anything.My dog is called Judy,an 8 year old Jack Russell terrier,I would be lost with out her.Cornwall is a beautiful place,if you ever get the chance to visit.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Timthehippy - Welcome to this friendly & supportive community from me too. It's great you joined because of your friend's recommendation! People on here really care about each other & offer as much support as they can, so I'm sure you'll enjoy being a part of this.
    My father-in-law had a Jack Russell terrier, & they're lovely dogs. My son has a Bedlington terrier who is great, apart from wanting to get close to my cat, which she's not impressed about. She's getting braver tho. Our pets help a lot, especially at this time. That & the sunny weather we've been having, as getting out in the garden helps too.
    As Ails says, please look around & just join in with the discussions, & chat here any time. Please also say if you have any questions, as there's usually someone who can help or advise. :)
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Timthehippy
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    It's great to have you (and Judy!) with us @Timthehippy

I look forward to seeing you around the community.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you so much for your lovely, kind words @Timthehippy.  That is so nice of you to say.  When I joined the Community nearly 2 years ago now, I was warmly welcomed by members and so I just think it is nice to be nice.  Everyone is lovely on here as you have probably found out already. 

So glad to hear that you have Judy for company.  Jack Russells are great wee dogs and Judy is a lovely name!  Yes, our pets are so important to us, for our health and well-being and they give you so much unconditional love, it is marvellous!  I have a cat, but I used to have a couple of Dalmatians when I was younger and they were great fun!

Cornwall does sound like a beautiful place to live and I have seen it TV and have always fancied going.  Maybe someday if I can persuade my hubby to take me!  I look forward to seeing you on here.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Timthehippy, great to have you here! :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Timthehippy I love your user name is there any reason for the hippy ?
    You are fortunate to live in such a beautiful part of the country which I imagine is very different to usual in these present times. Keep safe and look forward to seeing you around  

Brightness